SOMA - Assistant/Associate Dean for Student Academic Affairs
Mesa, AZ 85206, USAMesa, AZ 85206, USA
Job Details Description
A.T. Still University's School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona (ATSU-SOMA) is seeking a full-time, exempt Assistant/Associate Dean for Student Academic Affairs on the Mesa, Arizona campus. This position reports to the Dean of SOMA. Duties & Responsibilities:
Education & Experience:
- Work collaboratively with ATSU-SOMA deans to continually provide students optimal support and experiences as well as update student academic policies and procedures.
- Oversee all student academic progress issues (attendance, academic integrity, promotion, board examination preparation/remediation, off-cycle/delayed students, leave of absence requests) for years 1-4.
- Oversee student behavioral/professionalism issues.
- Work with Mesa-campus faculty and regional faculty on residency match and career advising to students.
- Oversee Director of Student Achievement and Student Achievement Success Coordinators, and the Student Performance Committee.
- Oversee faculty and peer-to-peer advising program.
- Oversee annual process for student assignment to community partner sites.
- Oversees monitoring and tracking of leave of absence and daily absence requests.
- Lead and oversee the academic advising process for students' years 1-4.
- Review measures, assessments, and outcomes as related to student success.
- Oversee student national board exam processes, ERAS Application, and NRMP match process.
- Oversee and provide guidance to students with regard to residency specialty selection; provide resources to assist with professional development and residency preparation/assessing student competitiveness for residency, and oversight of the Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE) process and residency matches/Supplement Offer and Acceptance Program (SOAP).
- Work with ATSU Student Affairs to ensure adequate student support.
- Collaborate with ATSU Alumni Services to provide alumni mentoring to students.
- Attending relevant ATSU-SOMA and national meetings to ensure optimal student support.
- Oversee and monitor student board exam timelines, preparation, scores, Directed Studies, and remediation processes.
- Collaborate with Assistant, Associate Deans, and Course Directors for development and coordination of Orientation for years 1-4.
- Act as SOMA Accommodations Liaison to ATSU Accommodation Services and oversee ADA accommodations for NBOME COMAT exams.
- Oversee Student Achievement Team TaylorMade program.
- Oversee process for student registration for NBOME for COMLEX, and COMSAE examinations.
- DO/MD preferred; PhD/EdD considered.
- Two to three years' experience in healthcare education and administration.
- Experience in academic areas of medical education, student advisement, and student promotion.
- Knowledge of COMLEX and USMLE licensure exams.
- Knowledge of the medical education process, medical specialties, ATSU-SOMA's curriculum, and the changing landscape of GME.
- Knowledge of: Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS), National Resident Matching Program (NRMP), Military Match, Supplement Offer and Acceptance Program (SOAP), Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE).
- Knowledge of: Medical education- ability to assist with student learning strategies, struggling students, optimizing individual student success.
-Medical licensure examination and academic resources for medical students.
-Medical specialties and the ability to assess student competitiveness for various medical specialty residency programs.
-Medical education (e.g., requirements, curriculum, student expectations, professionalism guidance).
-Professional development for medical students.
-Specialty and residency planning.
ATSU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverages, among more. If eligible, employee-elected benefits would begin the first of the month following hire date. For more information, please visit: atsu.edu/employment/benefits
. Qualifications Skills Preferred Teamwork Intermediate Organizing Intermediate Self-Direction Intermediate Communication Intermediate Leadership Intermediate Behaviors: Motivations: Education Preferred
Doctorate or better in Medical Doctorate, MD.
Doctorate or better in Osteopathic Medicine, DO.
PHD or better.Experience Required 2-3 years:
Healthcare Education and Administration Licenses & Certifications
To apply, visit https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/ATS1000ATSU/JobBoard/3cecd56d-0475-4bd9-8534-c2eb468057dd/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=b5c0592d-13ec-4bbd-b679-412f56a03d8a
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency