POSITION TITLE: Adjunct Faculty in Innovation and Entrepreneurial Management
The online business instructor is responsible for planning, preparing, delivering, and evaluating asynchronous instruction and related activities. In addition, the online instructor performs other duties as directed by the Dean of the Division of Professional Studies and the Director of Online Training. The appointment is an adjunct position, which runs for eight weeks or a term.
- The applicant must hold a Ph.D., D.B.A. or other doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution with at least 18 hours of graduate level credit in Innovation and Entrepreneurial Management as well as relevant professional experience in the field.
- Ability to use instructional technology, including basic LMS features and virtual meeting software
- Has online teaching experience or training in asynchronous and synchronous online instruction
- Possess a record of intellectual contributions
- Corporate experience preferred
- Quality Matters Online Teaching Certification preferred
- Teach assigned courses as specified in the schedule and course contract.
- Prepare course materials as needed, including working with and supplementing the developed curriculum.
- Provide students syllabus that delineates course objectives, learning outcomes, teaching methodology, attendance policies in line with those of the School, textbooks, reading assignments timelines, evaluation criteria, and other deliverables.
- Use the Universities’ learning management system to post syllabi, assignments, and other materials and to communicate with students.
- Deliver course content using a variety of teaching styles and provide interesting and engaging assignments that demonstrate the real-world applications of concepts covered.
- Observe and evaluate student performance in meeting course objectives and learning outcomes through assignments, projects, discussions, or examinations; provide feedback promptly on student progress.
- Be available for student consultation online, by phone, and by email.
with the general expectation of responding to students within two business days
- Maintain records of enrollment and attendance, assessments, and grades; submit class rosters and grades by the deadlines established by the University.
- Encourage students to submit course evaluations, review course evaluations when available, and use feedback to improve course delivery.
- Revise and update course content as requested; this includes quickly informing the institution when errors are identified so master courses can be updated.
- Meet with the Dean or Program Chair as needed to discuss all aspects of the course, including student progress and curriculum development (may be required to provide input into program development)
- Assist Program Director and Dean in collecting assessment data for the online program.
- Programmatically advise online students using group or other advising methods.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Current knowledge of the relevant discipline
- Demonstrate effectiveness in teaching diverse learners
- Commitment to excellence in teaching and mentoring students
- Ability to respond to the needs of learners from a variety of educational backgrounds in a multicultural environment
- Ability to deliver course outcomes and content through a variety of teaching/learning styles
- Ability to use technology effectively in teaching
- Ability to engage in intellectual contribution
- Respect for students and a genuine interest in their learning
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Good organizational skills and timeliness in responding to student inquiries
- Ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with students and colleagues
- Experience with teaching online or hybrid format
SUPERVISION AND EVALUATION
- The Division Dean evaluates the performance of this job following provisions of the Jarvis Christian University Administrative Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Assume responsibility for professional growth and development, keeping current with best practices in the area of responsibility.
- Adhere to the Jarvis Christian College Code of Ethics