The Vice President of Advancement is the chief advancement and alumni relations officer of the University, responsible for the oversight of the Offices of Advancement and Alumni Relations, and for working with the President to provide strategic leadership in these operational areas. The Vice President for Advancements serves as a key member of the College's senior leadership team and President's Cabinet. The Vice President of Advancement is responsible for cultivating revenue streams while working proactively with the President to ensure the vitality and health of the organization's budget and advance Mount Mary University's mission. The Vice President of Advancement is also responsible for building and fostering positive and productive relationships among philanthropic, corporate, and community leaders as well as individual donors invested in supporting and advancing Mount Mary's programs and services.
· Design and implement a strategic fundraising strategy that advances the mission of Mount Mary.
· Contribute to the strategic planning and annual reporting for the University.
· Contribute meaningfully to the establishment of annual goals and the monitoring of progress towards stated goals.
· Continually seek new opportunities for revenue and donor cultivation, including leading capital and annual campaigns.
· Serve as a key representative of the organization in the community, serving as an ambassador for the mission, liaison with alumni and donors, and promoter? of our core messages, programs, and services.
· Conduct regular analysis of donors' giving to monitor and assess vitality and health of the university's philanthropic budget and prepare regular giving reports.
· Build and foster relationships among corporations, foundations, and the philanthropic community to help achieve the goals of the university.
· Serve on the president's cabinet and interface with the organization's Board of Trustees to engage in advancement activities.
· Represent the organization in public meetings and presentations to the community and travel as necessary, locally, and out-of-town, to meet the duties of the office.
· Supervise the Senior Director of Advancement (Advancement Dept), Director of Alumni Relations, and Senior Development Officer (Major/Planned Gifts Officer).
· Develop and maintain systems that measure the performance of fundraising programs at the University and provide reports promptly. Familiarity with Raiser's Edge, Jenzabar, and Microsoft Office preferred. Work in cooperation with the Business Office to ensure proper recording and reconciliation of all donations.
· Engage and steward alumni and donors as brand ambassadors, and create a culture of philanthropy and gratitude for all stakeholders
· implement best practices for the university advancement profession and evaluate new and emerging trends for potential implementation
· Oversee the recruitment, development, management, and retention of philanthropic donors.
· Develop and actively manage a portfolio of principal gift prospects and donors.
· Engage in the campus community's life and represent the University at a wide range of events, including attending events on evenings and weekends.
· Think creatively, willing to consider non-conventional methods of fund raising, donor relations and other areas of development.
· Coordinate with the President and Chief Transformation and Innovation Officer for program partnerships.
· Consult and support development of the marketing strategy and execution in a manner which supports growth and enhances brand awareness. Work within brand guidelines to deliver a consistent messaging brand voice.
· Manage messaging and positioning for donor stewardship.
· Identify and develop high-impact tools such as white papers, brochures, fact sheets, presentations, case studies, business cases, and blog articles.
· Executive interaction and concise correspondence.
DESIRED CHARACTERISTICS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES · Passion for Mount Mary University's mission.
· Strong leadership skills and presence.
· Proven success in nonprofit fundraising with extensive knowledge of state and federal regulations and industry best practices.
· Highly organized.
· Ability to prioritize big picture ideas and execute tangible actions.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to present effective and compelling messages to individuals, groups, and the public.
· Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with a diverse variety of individuals.
· Integrity and an ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
· Extensive knowledge of finance and budgeting.
· Knowledge of grant writing with measurable results.
· Demonstration of an entrepreneurial spirit, initiative, creativity, and follow-through.
· Ability to multi-task and be in control of numerous tasks at any one time.
· High level of energy, enthusiasm, and humor.
· Must be flexible and able to work evenings, weekends, and travel as needed.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
· Five (5) years of experience with successful major gift solicitation
· Minimum of three years of professional staff supervisory experience
· Minimum of four years of professional experience in a complex fundraising environment (higher education, health care, large non-profit, etc.)
Mount Mary University encourages applications from all qualified candidates and is vitally committed to all aspects of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates, and all will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ethnicity, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, or any other groups protected by law. Mount Mary seeks to hire and retain personnel who will make a positive contribution to its mission, vision, and values.
For more information about diversity, equity and inclusion at Mount Mary please visit https://www.mtmary.edu/about/diversity
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.