DIRECTOR OF EVENTS & CONFERENCES, Questrom School of Business Tracking Code23500557380803Job Description
The Director of Events & Conferences in the Boston University Questrom School of Business is responsible for overseeing the Events and Conferences unit while planning and managing all external-facing events.
The Director must be able to independently create, produce, and manage events, flawlessly executing them through detailed planning. Other duties include budget creation and management, policy implementation, marketing and collateral, negotiation of vendor contracts and fulfillment, personnel administration, data management, and the ability to communicate event ROI. Additionally, the Director must effectively interact with Questrom leadership, campus partners, and other external partners.
This role will bring industry expertise to ensure all Questrom hosted and sponsored events are well planned and executed while implementing policies and procedures to ensure events are consistently planned and engaging for all attendees. Additionally, this position will play a key role in ensuring the Questrom brand is well represented through events, conferences, branded merchandise and collateral. The position will ensure the Questrom brand is appropriately executed through event marketing and implementation.
- Bachelor's degree required; masters degree in a related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the events industry
- Experience in higher education events a plus
- Excellent event planning skills
- Outstanding organizational, oral & written communication, and presentation skills are required
- Experience managing a diverse team of professionals performing in a fast paced, deadline driven environment with ability to motivate, grow, and retain high performers
- Strong ability to prioritize and adapt to changing needs as well as collaborate amicably with a wide range of students High level of attention to detail and the project management components of the position
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job LocationBOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular