Saybrook University seeks a Federal Work-Study Student to join its Office of Research Innovation and Sponsored Programs as a Project Assistant, Research Administration.
Under the direction of the Dean for Research & Sponsored Programs and the Associate Director of Research, the Federal Work-Study Student: Project Assistant, Research Administration is responsible for carrying out various tasks to support the Institutional Review Board (IRB) Office, Sponsored Programs Office, and the Dissertation Services Office.
Responsibilities will vary depending on the priorities of the Office of Research Innovation and Sponsored Programs, but include assisting in the three primary areas of Saybrook University research administration: the Sponsored Programs Office, the Dissertation Services Office, and the IRB Office.
Position responsibilities for the Project Assistant, Research Administration, role include, but are not limited to:
- Locate, review, and summarize research administration and IRB regulations, policies, and resources.
- Help to draft and publish guidance documents for the IRB, Sponsored Programs Office, and Dissertation Services Office based on existing regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Prepare flowcharts and descriptions of sponsored research, IRB, or dissertation research processes and procedures.
- Develop and implement online forms.
- Create and/or update department databases.
- Deliver weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports as needed.
- May help coordinate IRB committee meetings in Mentor IRB.
- Create drafts of official committee correspondence and meeting notes.
- Contribute to the development of new processes and procedures around the IRB review.
- Provide 1st level support to students as a Peer Mentor during virtual office hours or by email or videoconference.
- Assist with VLE materials and other presentations.
- Complete additional training around human subjects research protection regulations (45 CFR 46) if supporting the IRB.
- Complete additional training about research administration if supporting the Sponsored Programs Office.
- Create MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Forms, and/or Mentor IRB materials for various projects.
- Candidate must be a current Saybrook doctoral student in good standing.
- Must have applied for federal work-study via the FAFSA.
- Adhere to FERPA confidentiality standards.
- Experience using MS Office 365 tools, including Word, Excel, and Forms.
- Competency with APA 7 style and formatting.
- Experience using videoconferencing software (GTM, Zoom). Technologically skilled in communication, presentation, and Canvas online learning system.
- strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Saybrook University offers a generous compensation and benefits package. Some of our key benefits include paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, and multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA). Saybrook University is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
About Saybrook University:
Saybrook University was founded over 40 years ago by some of the greatest minds of the 20th century and continues to inspire a new generation of innovators. A non-profit regionally accredited university known for its commitment to humanistic studies and rigorous research, Saybrook University’s academic model puts the student at the center of everything we do to provide a unique, transformational, learning experience. Saybrook offers advanced degrees in organizational systems, psychology, mind-body medicine, and counseling, all in flexible learning formats to help students continue to be active contributors to the fields they work in while they advance their education. Saybrook University is proud to be a diverse, inclusive community of creative, compassionate innovators dedicated to pursing new ways of thinking and doing for our professions, organizations, and communities.
For more information, visit http://saybrook.edu.
Compensation & Benefits
This opportunity is budgeted at $15.00 base compensation. Additional compensation factors may impact total compensation. To learn more about our competitive benefits and additional rewards, including generous paid time-off, medical and dental insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, click the link below.
Saybrook University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.