Human Resources Intern
Grand Rapids Community College
Human ResourcesEmployee Group:
Part Time (20 Hours/week), Non-Exempt Compensation:
Human Resources Generalist Posting Closes:
Open Until FilledSUMMARY
The Human Resources Intern will assist with administration of Human Resources tasks in both the Human Resources Office as well as Student Employment Services. This position will be able to work collaboratively with human resources staff to provide assistance, complete research on best practices and learn from an experienced group of human resources professionals.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Assist with reviewing and organizing new hire paperwork for all employee groups.
• Assist in screening applications for searches using evidence-based selection
• Work in collaboration with HR staff on auditing paperwork and processes
• Research and recommend updates to process documents
• Assist with collecting and organizing job descriptions.
• Provide front desk backup coverage, as needed.
• Assist with the Student Employee paperwork process.
• Assist with the Student Employee payroll process.
• Assist with the Student Employee recruiting/hiring process.
• Assist with updating the Student Employee and Supervisor handbooks.
• Assist with planning the Impact Award and Student Employee Appreciation Week.
• Attend GRCC Campus events, in representation of SES, as needed.JOB SPECIFICATIONS
• Must be working toward degree completion, either Associates or Bachelor¿s preferred.
• Prior experience working in an office setting, preferred.
• Detail oriented.
• Strong written and verbal communication.
• Ability to sit for long periods of time.
• Ability to interpret instructions and complete tasks, as assigned.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of individuals in a team environment.
• Incorporate GRCC values into interactions with the team and human resources customers.
• Willingness and ability to work as a team with a group of coworkers.
• GRCC will comply with any mandated health and safety requirements. Compliance information is available on our policies website.
• Office and reception environment.
• No travel is required for this position.METHOD OF APPLICATION
GRCC is only accepting online applications for this position at https://jobs.grcc.edu/psc/job/EXTERNAL_APPLICANT/GRCC_HR/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_SCHJOB_FL&Action=U
. Submit a cover letter and resume. The opportunity to apply for this position will close at the end of the day on the close date referenced at the top of this job posting. Individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Grand Rapids Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Visa sponsorship is not available.HIRING PROCESS
GRCC uses an Evidence Based Selection Process, where we make data driven hiring decisions to help mitigate bias throughout the hiring process. As part of this process, candidates will participate in assessments (cognitive and behavioral), reference checks and interviews.NONDISCRIMINATION STATEMENT
Grand Rapids Community College creates an inclusive learning and working environment that recognizes the value and dignity of each person. It is the policy and practice of GRCC to provide equal educational and employment opportunities regardless of age, race, color, religion, marital status, sex/gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, height, weight, national origin, disability, political affiliation, familial status, veteran status or genetics in all programs, activities, services, employment and advancement including admissions to, access to, treatment in, or compensation in employment as required by state and federal law. GRCC is committed to reviewing all aspects of GRCC programs, activities, services and employment, including recruitment, selection, retention and promotion to identify and eliminate barriers in order to prevent discrimination on the basis of the listed protected characteristics. The college will not tolerate any form of retaliation against any person for bringing charges of discrimination or participating in an investigation. Further information may be obtained from the EEO Office or the Office of General Counsel, 143 Bostwick Avenue NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503-3295.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency