ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, ALUMNI ENGAGEMENT
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Large Employers in 2023.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job Title
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, ALUMNI ENGAGEMENTJob Profile Title
Alumni Officer AJob Description Summary
Reporting to the Senior Director of Development and Alumni Engagement for the Annenberg School for Communication (ASC), the Assistant Director, Alumni Engagement will work under the guidance and with the support of the Senior Director to plan and execute a comprehensive program of alumni engagement with a major adjoining responsibility for the school's alumni-related events. As a core member of the Annenberg Institutional Advancement Office and primary liaison/leader for alumni programming and support, the Assistant Director will work collaboratively with Communications and Events on behalf of ASC Alumni.Job DescriptionDuties:Serve as liaison to manage ASC Alumni Advisory Board and committees to inform, develop, support and enhance/expand alumni engagement activities for ASC:
In collaboration with the Senior Director and ASC Events, oversee/plan alumni events, e.g., regional, virtual, Alumni Weekend, and collaborative events with other schools at Penn/USC Annenberg:
- Partner with Board Chair on goals, strategy, and membership. Work to heighten Board visibility and strengthen its impact/footprint within ASC and beyond.
- Regularly communicate with Board members (group email updates). Connect Chair and Board to Penn Alumni and OIA resources and opportunities.
- Work with ASC Associate Director of Events on scheduling and meeting logistics (location, parking, food, RSVPs), and work with Chair to set agenda. Coordinate with ASC Dean and Senior Director to attend at least one meeting per year.
- Determine special reunion groups and/or occasions. Determine which conferences and regions to target; set budget and estimated attendance.
- Work with ASC Communications and Events to plan and promote a schedule of events.
Work in collaboration with ASC Communications team to:
- Provide briefings, remarks, and other event materials as appropriate.
- Engage in post-event debriefings, track attendees, update data, etc.
- Assist in management of social media platforms and identify content for alumni e-newsletter, social media, video profiles, etc.
Data management & analysis:
- Review and update alumni-related portions of the ASC website.
- Market and promote alumni events.
Oversee alumni interest/affinity group development:
- Ensure accurate alumni data, analyze trends and feedback, and supply access to data, as appropriate. Ensure data is properly tracked and used to update Compass.
- Determine various sources of data (events, alumni notes, profiles, emails, award nominations, etc.).
Plan and execute student/alumni connection events:
- Develop focused connection points for alumni with shared goals and interests. Identify resources and plan opportunities for connection.
Serve as liaison to Penn's Central Alumni Relations Office:
- Identify potential alumni guest speakers for classes.
- Plan and execute annual receptions for current students to network with alumni.
- Oversee student/alumni mentorship program.
**Please provide a resume and cover letter in order to be considered for this role. Please upload all documents in the “Resume/CV” section of the application prior to submitting.**Qualifications:
- Join the Alumni Relations Group (ARG) and attend quarterly ARG meetings to ensure the school's visibility in Penn Alumni events and programs, and to learn best practices, policy and build opportunities for expanded impact.
- Respond to requests and build relationships with Penn Sweeten Alumni House Staff.
- Send alumni news to Penn Gazette monthly.
Job Location - City, State
- BA/BS required with at least 1-3 years of experience in development and alumni relations with particular expertise in special events planning and/or volunteer management preferably in a university setting or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision and to create new programs to meet the school's goals of improved alumni relations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills; ability to work well with individuals at all levels including alumni, staff and faculty.
- Strong organizational skills, self-motivation, attentiveness to details and deadlines.
- Skilled in all major computer programs (Microsoft Office Suite, database work, etc.).
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be willing to travel. Some evening and weekend work will be required.
- Must have a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in line with Penn ASC's stated values.
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Annenberg School for CommunicationPay Range
$43,919.00 - $60,000.00 Annual Rate
Salary offers are made based on the candidate's qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, as well as internal and market factors and grade profile. Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Annenberg-School-for-Communication/ASSISTANT-DIRECTOR--ALUMNI-ENGAGEMENT_JR00076203
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency