Custodian I - 30647 University Staff Description University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus Department: Health and Wellness Center Job Title: Custodian I Position: #00812182 – Requisition: #30647 Job Summary:
Custodians are a part of the housekeeping team which cleans and maintains building interiors and furnishings in state institutions and facilities. This position includes but is not limited to washing, wiping down surfaces, dusting, scrubbing, scouring, laundry, disinfecting, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, buffing, polishing surfaces, floors, walls, windows, lavatories, showers, furnishings, and collecting and disposing of trash.
The current operating hours of the Center are:
- Monday through Thursday: 5 am to 10 pm
- Fridays: 5 am to 9 pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 7 am to 5 pm
Shifts will fall during these hours, depending on operational needs. Key Responsibilities:
- Maintain safety of Facility by following all safety standards, procedures, and guidelines, including proper procedures for handling and disposing of hazardous materials and recycling.
- Ensures a safe and clean environment for Members and Associates by performing maintenance as necessary, responding to spills, operating floor scrubbers, cleaning and sanitizing locker rooms, bathrooms, etc.
- Assist in minor maintenance as necessary for the operation of various equipment, fixtures, etc.
- Ensures supplies and clean towels are rotated and stored in proper containers in preparation for their use and replenish when supplies are low.
- Cleans and polishes metal and glass surfaces.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor, Manager or Director.
Onsite – this role is expected to work onsite and is located in Aurora, CO. Why Join Us:
The Anschutz Health and Wellness Center resides within the School of Medicine at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus. The Anschutz Health and Wellness Center (AHWC) is an interdisciplinary center whose overarching goals are to have an impact on the campus while building towards sustainability. Either of these alone is insufficient. We strive to achieve both. Top researchers work side-by-side with clinicians to develop and deliver wellness and weight loss programs and work with patients, providers, students and trainees, employees, researchers to take these programs beyond the walls of the center into communities. The mission of the center is "to collaborate with campus partners to develop and deliver programs and services targeting physical activity, nutrition, and mental wellbeing that enhance the lives of people who come here."
The vision of the center is "a campus where wellness is a foundation of everything we do." All endeavors at the center are focused on this vision. An integrated approach with a shared philosophy is core to the development of the center's programs. These programs strive to involve every area of the business, including wellness clinic services, the fitness center, and the metabolic and demonstration kitchens. Without this integration, it is not possible to achieve the vision that catalyzed the development of the center. The center serves as a "learning lab" for creating a model of standard care for wellness centers that can be replicated and exported.
The University of Colorado offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition benefits, ECO pass, paid time off – vacation, sick, and holidays and more. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits-wellness
. Diversity and Equity:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Preferred Qualifications:
- Six (6) months of experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- One (1) - two (2) years of custodial experience in large/high volume commercial buildings.
- Demonstrated experience effectively working within a diverse population.
Conditions of Employment:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Understanding of basic computer office applications, including checking e-mail, timesheet data entry, and complete required training.
How to Apply:
- Essential Services Designation .
- Required to report without delay or interruption to provide essential or emergency services to ensure health, safety, and welfare.
- May be expected to work various shifts to include nights, weekends, and holidays, depending on the needs of the building or work group.
For full consideration, please submit the following document(s):
- A letter of interest describing relevant job experiences as they relate to listed job qualifications and interest in the position.
- Curriculum vitae / Resume
- Three to five professional references, including name, address, phone number (mobile number if appropriate), and email address.
Questions should be directed to: Timothy Holan, firstname.lastname@example.org Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening of applications begins immediately and continues until position is filled. Anticipated Pay Range:
The starting salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established as:
$37,920 - $43,992.
The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. This position may be eligible for overtime compensation, depending on the level.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125 ADA Statement:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at email@example.com
​. Background Check Statement:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. Vaccination Statement:
CU Anschutz strongly encourages vaccination against the COVID-19 virus and other vaccine preventable diseases
. If you work, visit, or volunteer in healthcare facilities or clinics operated by our affiliated hospital or clinical partners or by CU Anschutz, you will be required to comply with the vaccination and medical surveillance policies of the facilities or clinics where you work, visit, or volunteer, respectively. In addition, if you work in certain research areas or perform certain safety sensitive job duties, you must enroll in the occupational health medical surveillance program
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Job Category
: Facilities/Labor,Trades & Crafts Primary Location
: Aurora Department: U0001 -- DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS - 21519 - SOM-Health&Wellness FitnessCtr Schedule
: Full-time Posting Date
: Aug 1, 2023 Unposting Date
: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: Timothy Holan Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00812182
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency