$15.00Limited Term End DatePosition Summary
Serves as the first contact for the department.Duties & Responsibilities
- Greets and directs prospective students and visitors; routes telephone calls; and schedules appointments.
- Coordinates daily activities of the front desk, which includes maintaining key inventory, database maintenance and data entry.
- Performs word processing tasks, which includes business correspondence, forms, tables, labels, flyers, posters and other office documents.
- Tracks and files office documents, purchase orders and invoices.
- Provides back-up coverage for other office staff.
- Subject to the requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and College’s HIPAA Privacy and Security policies and procedures, assisting the CNM health plan with day-to-day activities involving protected health information, including but not limited to, assisting with employee claims, coordinating benefits, determining health claim status, determining eligibility for coverage, budgeting and renewal, billing and collection activities, obtaining assistance from third-parties for plan functions, and any other duties delegated by the HIPAA Privacy or Security Officer.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED. Must be successfully enrolled in a degree program.
As an EEO employer, Central New Mexico Community College will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, serious medical condition or status as a protected veteran or spousal affiliation. Central New Mexico Community College hires only U.S. citizens and individuals lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.