Chief Diversity Officer
Position Type: Full Time
William Paterson University invites applications for the position of Chief Diversity Officer within the University President's Office.
Reporting to the President and as a member of the President's Cabinet, the Chief Diversity Officer will lead and support the University's diversity, equity and inclusion strategy and organizational efforts. The Chief Diversity Officer will hold a deep commitment to designing, developing, and implementing proactive diversity, equity and inclusion strategies and initiatives that create an inclusive learning and working environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed.
The Chief Diversity Officer will directly supervise the Director of Student Diversity & Inclusion which oversees the Center for Diversity & Inclusion, Black Cultural Center, Center for Latinidad, and Gender & Sexuality Resources.
For more information visit https://www.wpunj.edu/
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leads the University’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion programs and initiatives. Handles all matters related to diversity, equity and inclusion on the campus.
- Advocates for a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion; collaborates with stakeholders to identify and assess roadblocks to creating a sustainable culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and shared vision.
- Provides guidance in the search, selection and hiring practices with Human Resources to ensure adherence to and compliance with EEO, Affirmative Action, antidiscrimination and all relevant hiring laws and University policies and best practices to ensure a diverse pool of qualified candidates.
- Develops or collaborates in the development of university communications specific to diversity, equity, and inclusion subject areas.
- Collaborates with University administrators, and College Deans to identify and deploy strategies to enhance the recruitment and retention of employees to foster a diverse workforce.
- Serves as Co-Chair for the University Council for Equity and Justice
- Makes recommendations to Cabinet-level leadership on related University policies and practices and provides reports and metrics on a periodic basis to ensure that we attract, recruit, retain and engage diverse talent.
- Works with external and internal stakeholders to achieve University diversity and inclusion goals.
- Develops and leads diversity, equity and inclusion training, workshops, and professional development efforts for employees (faculty and staff).
- Works collaboratively with Institutional Effectiveness on diversity assessment to improve practice, policy, and programming.
- Implements diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives at the institution that develops faculty and staff knowledge, awareness and skills of diversity, equity and inclusion concepts.
- Performs needs assessments and makes recommendations to improve campus culture and the cultural competency of faculty and staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned that are appropriate to the position.
- Master’s degree in Organizational Development/Behavior, Education, Training, Human Resources, Business, or related field.
- Ten (10) years of progressively responsible related professional diversity, equity and inclusion experience with specific background in training, leading and developing initiatives, talent acquisition, and diversity organizational strategy.
- A minimum of three years management and/or supervisory experience.
- Demonstrable experience developing and implementing initiatives in the following areas: culture development including diversity and inclusion programs, change management, Title IX and Compliance, leadership development, talent management and process improvement.
- Experienced cross-functional collaborator.
- Demonstrated cultural competency with an ability to communicate effectively and positively with those who have different cultural practices and views.
- Ability to solve problems by seeking common ground and helping employees and managers identify a constructive path forward.
- Ability to explain, persuade, and influence others through effective, collaborative, and transparent communication.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and make sound recommendations on complex management and administrative issues, including identifying alternative solutions and projecting consequences of proposed actions.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple assignments and pivot efficiently to address changing operational needs and priorities.
- Ability to portray professional demeanor even in the face of emotionally charged, difficult, or high-pressure situations; relationship building skills, customer service orientation.
- Ability to navigate a complex unionized public higher education environment with a strong shared governance structure.
Other Information (Preferred Skills)
- Doctoral Degree in a related field.
- Professional Experience in Higher Education.
- Title IX and compliance.
- Savvy with Enterprise Network Systems including Banner, Applicant Tracking System (ATS) interface, as well a Microsoft Office Suite.
Invitation to apply
Interested candidates will be prompted to: Complete an application and submit a cover letter
Submission of all documents listed is required for consideration.
General questions related to this application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, visit https://wpunj.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=1593&job=chief-diversity-officer
William Paterson University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race or ethnicity, sex/gender (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, civil union status, familial status, religion, national origin or citizenship, military service status, or any other category protected by law. William Paterson University does not discriminate on the basis of any category stated above or as prohibited by applicable law. Individuals from historically underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency