Part Time Temporary Faculty - Political Science Location:
Savannah State Recruiting Loc Regular/Temporary:
Temporary Full/Part Time:
Part-Time Job ID:
Savannah State University established in 1890, is the first public historically black college or university in the state of Georgia and the first institution of higher learning in the city of Savannah. The university's students select majors from four colleges ¿ Business Administration, Education, Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, and Sciences and Technology. The campus is by far the most picturesque in the state of Georgia. The moss-laden sweeping oak trees, expansive marsh and historic architecture create a resplendent yet tranquil atmosphere. Beneath the beauty and splendor is a vibrant residential campus bursting at the seams with the vim and vigor of quality collegiate life: relevant academic majors, engaging lectures, cutting-edge research, quality student-faculty engagement and a nurturing environment.
The Political Science & Public Affairs Department is accepting applications for an adjunct faculty position in Political Science. Successful candidates will teach courses in various areas of Political Science including American Government. These courses will be taught in-person as well as entirely online using the D2L learning management system. Employment is contingent upon enrollment and departmental needs.
- Teach 3 - 6 credit hours per semester in Political Science to include American Government.
- Plan, organize, and communicate instruction in ways which encourage and stimulate student learning.
- Employ appropriate teaching and learning strategies that facilitate and promote student success.
- Prepare, distribute, and submit syllabi for all assigned sections in accordance with college and university policies.
- Evaluate and return student work in a timely manner and maintain accurate records of student attendance and progress.
- Submit intermediate alerts in EAB when students are at risk.
- Submit mid-term and final grade reports by the set University deadlines as well as completed course assessment forms at the end of each semester.
- Maintain professionalism and confidentiality in regards to student interactions and information.
- Must comply with all university academic policies.
- Master's degree in Political Science, Public Administration or a related field.
- Teaching experience as well as relevant work professional work experience will also be considered.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Recourses at firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical support, please call OneUSG Connect Support at (877) 251.2644, or by email at email@example.com.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Savannah State University, as determined by Savannah State University, its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test. Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Savannah State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Savannah State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Savannah State University, Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Office of Human Resources at email@example.com.
Special Applicant Instructions
Candidates should describe areas of expertise/courses they can teach in their cover letter and/or CV.