Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL You are invited to submit an application to be considered for a position with more than one opening. The number of positions varies depending on the needs of the department.
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to nearly 48,000 students, about 11,000 faculty and staff and 332,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 public research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.65 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions (OUA) is seeking to hire up to six (6) Admissions Counselors who will be responsible for first-year recruitment within an assigned territory for one of the University of Cincinnati’s three campuses. We are searching for team members committed to diversity and inclusion, are organized problem-solvers with excellent communication skills, and strong attention to detail. If this sounds like you, please consider joining our team, and applying for the position of Admissions Counselor at the University of Cincinnati.
This position will offer flexibility for a hybrid remote work option for applicants within the Cincinnati Tri-State Area. The hybrid arrangement is 60% in the office days and (2 days) remote. Hybrid remote work arrangements are subject to change in accordance with university policies. Essential Functions
- Serve and manage a geographic territory to ensure the university reaches various enrollment goals while being fiscally responsible. Serve as the primary resource for contacts in that area. Develop and execute initiatives that best serve the students and organizations in the area. Make data-driven decisions to coordinate and execute travel within that area, including visits to high schools and community colleges.
- Travel extensively during key time periods (8 - 10 weeks in the fall and 1 – 3 weeks in the spring) and work evenings, weekends, and beyond a traditional work week as needed to effectively perform responsibilities, such as on-campus visit/event experiences.
- Maintain and use information about students and organizations to advise and encourage students from prospect through application and enrollment.
- Increase representation from one or more strategic populations based on the demographics of the territory (i.e. under-represented, high-achieving, transfer, out-of-state, and international).
- Implement and explain university admissions policies.
- May coordinate a specialized programmatic area such as on-campus and off-campus events, student tour guides, tele-counseling, campus visits, outreach and access, high-achieving scholars, website, social media, transfer, communications and marketing, regional campus referrals, etc.
- Evaluate applications for admission and make holistic admission decisions using many pieces of information. Accuracy and consistency will be needed to ensure the university is properly aligned to reach various enrollment goals.
- Use a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to maintain records and prepare reports as required; generate reports and assist in analyzing and interpreting data for future planning and evaluation.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
Bachelor’s DegreeRequired Trainings/Certifications
Additional Qualifications Considered
- Current valid driver’s license.
- Some positions may require a valid passport.
Physical Requirements/Work EnvironmentOffice environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.Application Process
- Commitment to a diverse applicant pool and student body and the ability to work with people from other backgrounds.
- Experience in project management and customer service, and familiarity with customer relationship management systems.
Please complete the online application and attach the below documents:
- A resume
- A cover letter (explaining your interest in the position)
- List of three (3) professional references.
Please use the Additional Documents option as needed for these documents.
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary of $40,000 - $42,000 range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.