Early Childhood Teacher Aide - Part TimeAgency
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
Children's Learning CenterProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process the “My Experience” page has a section provided “Attachments (Resume/CV, References, Cover letter, etc.)” to upload required documents.
- Use the Upload button to add each document.
- You will be able to upload up to 5 documents. Be aware that the maximum size allowed for any one document is 5MB.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered.
- Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
- Please do not withdraw your application in an attempt to upload a missing document, instead please email HR for help.
Please provide the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required upon acceptance of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective staff member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
If you need assistance, please contact us at HR.Hiring@tamuc.edu
The Early Childhood Teacher’s Aide I, under supervision, is a paraprofessional who works closely with teachers to assist with a variety of non-instructional child care tasks to meet operating needs of the center.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with the implementation of the daily program under the direction of the assigned teacher.
- Assists with planning and preparing the learning environment, setting up interest centers and preparing needed materials and supplies.
- Supervises the classroom when the teacher is out of the room.
- Helps with general housekeeping and kitchen task.
- Assists the teacher in any other appropriate ways.
- Maintains professional attitudes and loyalty to the school.
- Treats all children with dignity and respect.
- Attends all staff meetings and recommended training programs and conferences.
- Participates in professional workshops that work for the improvement of early childhood education.
- Maintains confidentiality about children, their families, and other employees outside the school.
- Supervises outside playground activities.
- Helps with the operations of audio/visual aids (projectors, etc.).
- Follow directions given by head teacher or immediate supervisor.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience: No prior experience required.
- Knowledge / Skills: None
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to ensure understanding.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: Ability to obtain Child Development Associate within eight (8) months of hire OR must have a minimum of 12 hours of Early Childhood Education (ECE) college credit (must provide documentation of college credit with an official transcript).
- Physical Requirements: None
- Other Requirements: None
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Prior experience in child care.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.