CHWB Executive DirectorDiversity Statement:
The University is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the institution. Applicants are required to include in their cover letter information about how they will further this goal.Posting Summary:
Reporting to the Vice Provost for Student Affairs, the Director provides expert counsel and direction to campus leaders and partners, develops and leads comprehensive initiatives, and oversees campus operations advancing student health and wellbeing. The Director is responsible for strategic direction, administrative and managerial oversight, and visionary leadership of UVM’s Center for Health and Wellbeing (CHWB), which provides a range of student health services including mental health counseling and psychiatry; health promotion, prevention and education; primary care; and athletic medicine. In alignment with institutional priorities and the goals of the Division of Student Affairs (DOSA), the Director develops strategies to meet the evolving student health and wellbeing needs of a contemporary, diverse college campus; promotes a culture dedicated to excellence, community, and UVM’s Our Common Ground values; administratively oversees an annual operating budget of ~ $11 million; directly supervises 5-7 professional staff; and provides leadership, direction, and oversight to ~80 health care providers, clinicians, counselors, educators, and administrative personnel.Minimum Qualifications (or equivalent combination of education and experience):
- Master’s degree in health administration, public health, health sciences, psychology, health promotion, or related field.
- Six years of increasingly responsible leadership experience related to administration of student health or community health services.
- Experience articulating and implementing best practices in integrated student health, counseling, wellness, and collaborative models of care.
- Demonstrated experience in the supervision of health care professionals.
- Ability to plan, direct, and evaluate a complex operation.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with students, faculty, staff and community partners.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment.
- Understanding and ability to implement all statutory requirements, university/health center policies and contemporary health care standards.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations in an effective and timely manner.
- Demonstrated support for and commitment to serving students and staff with diverse backgrounds, interests, goals, and abilities.
- History of effective leadership, staff development, and fiscal management.
Experience with contract negotiation, accreditation process, managed care, and insurance systems desirable.Other Information:
All applications, nominations and inquiries are invited. Applications should include, as separate documents, a resume, cover letter addressing the themes in this profile and a statement of contributions to diversity. In the statement of contributions to diversity applicants should describe in what ways they have demonstrated career commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. Special Conditions:
WittKieffer is assisting the University of Vermont in this search, which will remain open until an appointment is made.
Application materials should be submitted using WittKieffer’s candidate portal.Nominations and inquiries can be directed to: Christy Pratt, Ben Haden, Diane Smith RN BSN and Jessica Cummings at: UVM-DirHWB@wittkieffer.com.
A probationary period may be required, Occasional evening and/or weekends required (if non-exempt position, may result in overtime), A probationary period may be required for current UVM employees, This position is ineligible for telework due to the essential functions, Background Check required for this positionFLSA:
ExemptPayband Max (Represents full-time (12 months, 1.0 FTE) equivalent salary. Must be prorated for jobs less than 12 months or 1.0FTE (Salary/12 x # of months x FTE)):
197400.00Payband Min (Represents full-time (12 months, 1.0 FTE) equivalent salary. Must be prorated for jobs less than 12 months or 1.0FTE (Salary/12 x # of months x FTE)):
94000.00Staff Hiring Band:
Hiring salary budgeted at high end of pay bandUnion Position:
NoJob Open Date:
07/28/2023Open Until Filled:
Classified ExecutivePosting Number:
Center for Health & Wellbeing/30450Position Number :
007349Employee FTE :
1.0Employee Term :