Pre/Post Award Senior Professional – Psychiatry - 30700 University Staff Description University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus School of Medicine | Department of Psychiatry | Division of Addiction Science Prevention and Treatment Official Title: Research Services Pre/Post Award Senior Professional Working Title: Pre/Post Award Senior Professional – Psychiatry Position: #00812918 – Requisition: #30700 Job Summary:
The Research Services Senior Professional for the Division of Addiction Science, Prevention and Treatment functions as the Section Administrator for the Sections of Research and Clinical Services and reports directly to the Division Program Director. The Senior Professional is responsible for overall Division duties, but also specifically for the Research and Clinical Sections which includes multiple faculty research PIs and financial/post-award support to the Addiction Research and Treatment Services (ARTS). The Senior Professional may assist the Program Director with other areas of the Division or with special projects as needed. In addition, the Senior Professional will assist in other Department initiatives and activities as assigned. Key Responsibilities:
- Assist the Program Director in ensuring Division research and clinical programs and projects, including grants and contracts are fiscally sound and adhere to Federal and University of Colorado Policies and Procedures.
- Manage fiscal reporting activities for the Division including revenue, expense, and balance sheet transactions; monitoring of program and contract/grant budgets; and assists in fiscal and progress reporting to funding agencies, including performance-based and cost-rate analysis.
- Management of Division and Sections grants and contracts throughout the life cycle of pre- and post-award.
- Assist in the management of Division resources and activities within the University system including Fiscal & Budget management, Human Resource management, Procurement of Goods and Services, Asset management, and Grant & Contract administration.
Hybrid – this role is eligible for a hybrid schedule of two (2) to three (3) days per week on the Anschutz Medical Campus and as needed for in-person meetings or at alternate locations. Why Join Us:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a world-class medical destination at the forefront of transformative science, medicine, education, and patient care. The campus encompasses the University of Colorado health professional schools, more than 60 centers and institutes, and two nationally ranked independent hospitals - UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital and Children's Hospital Colorado - that treat more than two million adult and pediatric patients each year. Innovative, interconnected and highly collaborative, the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus delivers life-changing treatments, patient care and professional training and conducts world-renowned research fueled by over $650 million in research grants. For more information, visit www.cuanschutz.edu
The Department of Psychiatry is one of the largest units in the UCD-SOM and is comprised of 5 Divisions. The CU Department of Psychiatry sets the standard for Education and Training of leaders in psychiatry and mental health care, conducts ground-breaking Research that aims to eradicate suffering due to psychiatric and substance use disorders, provides ready access to state of-the-art mental health preventions and interventions across the continuum of care, and collaborates with the community and other key stakeholders to promote well-being among all Coloradans. We accomplish this vision in a manner that respects, values and advocates for the dignity and worth of each individual and family.
The University of Colorado offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition benefits, ECO pass, paid time off – vacation, sick, holidays and more. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits-wellness
. Diversity and Equity:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty, and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Preferred Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree in business administration, financial management, accounting, public health administration, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- Two (2) years of professional level years of experience with pre- and post-award contracts and grant administrations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience working with university software applications including m-Fin, CU Marketplace, Concur, InfoEd, and OnCore; or pre-/post-award management in academic setting.
- Experience in pre- and post-award contracts and grant administrations in an academic setting.
- Experience in interpreting and applying policies from a variety of funding structures (federal, state, foundation, and institutional) and serving as a resource to others.
- Experience with clinical studies and protocol/subject related procedures.
How to Apply:
- Advanced knowledge of fiscal policy and regulations established by funding agencies, as well as the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills, organizational skills, detail-oriented, and time/project management.
- Demonstrated ability in independent thinking, problem solving, managing priorities, and proactively resolving issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills with diplomacy and tact, as well as the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment requiring monitoring and administration of numerous active research projects.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong collaborative working relationships with a variety of individuals including basic science researchers, clinical faculty, administrators, and others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn new skills, synthesize and apply knowledge from different disciplines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise appropriate discretion with information.
- High level computer skills including expertise in various Microsoft Office products, use of electronic forms, and knowledge of database searches.
For full consideration, please submit the following document(s):
1. A letter of interest describing relevant job experiences as they relate to listed job qualifications and interest in the position.
2. Curriculum vitae / Resume
3. Three to five professional references, including name, address, phone number (mobile number if appropriate), and email address.
Questions should be directed to: Matthew Nichols, email@example.com Screening of Applications Begins:
Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified. Anticipated Pay Range:
The starting salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established as $56,554 - $71,936
The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. This position may be eligible for overtime compensation, depending on the level.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125 ADA Statement:
The University will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
​. Background Check Statement:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students, and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. Vaccination Statement:
CU Anschutz strongly encourages vaccination against the COVID-19 virus and other vaccine preventable diseases
. If you work, visit, or volunteer in healthcare facilities or clinics operated by our affiliated hospital or clinical partners or by CU Anschutz, you will be required to comply with the vaccination and medical surveillance policies of the facilities or clinics where you work, visit, or volunteer, respectively. In addition, if you work in certain research areas or perform certain safety sensitive job duties, you must enroll in the occupational health medical surveillance program
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Job Category
: Research Services Primary Location
: Aurora Department: U0001 -- Anschutz Med Campus or Denver - 20278 - SOM-PSYCH GENERAL OPERATIONS Schedule
: Full-time Posting Date
: Jul 31, 2023 Unposting Date
: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: Matthew Nichols Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00812918
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency