Job Location: Bethany Campus - Bethany, OK
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
Education Level: High School
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
The Director of Advancement Services plays an important role in supporting the Office of University Relations mission to strengthen donor commitment to Southern Nazarene University.
This position serves as the primary administrator for the University Relations database system and is tasked with ensuring the highest integrity of constituent and gift records. Duties include gift processing; managing constituent records; generating queries, exports and lists for use by the University Relations office as well as others in the SNU community; generating reports; reconciling gift accounts with the Finance database; and supervising and training staff in the use of Raiser’s Edge:NXT (RE:NXT).
The ideal candidate has strong analytical and problem-solving skills, leads with personal initiative and ownership, is responsive to deadlines, can manage several projects simultaneously, understands and appreciates processes, works well in a team environment with the alumni and fundraising arms of the University, and will embrace a role where they can partner with the entire campus as a resource for engaging alumni and supporters of the University.
- Assume responsibility for managing the Raiser’s Edge:NXT database and for connecting with key University systems in order to meet short and long-range goals and objectives.
- Coordinate gifts and pledge accounting for all alumni/development programs, including supervising the gift entry process and assisting with gift entry as needed.
- Work with the University Relations team to maintain a current and accurate database of donors (individual, corporate, and church) and alumni, including managing constituent record updates to names, marital status, relationships, deceased status, etc.
- Prepare a bimonthly summary report of donor/gift activity to the Associate VP, which will be shared with the team and administration.
- Work closely with the Finance office arm of the University to assure proper fund placement, account reconciliations and reporting, by reconciling on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Develop an annual operational plan and objectives for the advancement services area. Provide regular communications to the team as the plan is implemented and refined.
- Work with University Relations staff and others on campus to identify their information needs and provide accurate lists and reports to assist them in fundraising and relationship-building.
- Work with the Office of the Registrar and the Admissions Office to obtain and import record data on current students and new graduates.
- Manage the collection and recording of student/alumni data pertaining to individual participation in such activities as student government, sports, fine arts, clubs, etc.
- Support prospect management, assigning prospect managers, tracking and reporting prospect cultivation and solicitation, on donor records as needed. Provide action and prospect reports as requested.
- Develop an understanding of fund-raising and constituent relations programs and take a proactive role to support them with systems and services.
- At all times maintain donor confidentiality and protect donor records following industry and University guidelines.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- Ability to provide quality customer service
- Additional duties as assigned
- Southern Nazarene University is an expression of the Church of the Nazarene. According to SNU policy, all faculty and staff must possess a strong personal Christian commitment and be committed to the SNU mission to make Christlike disciples through higher education in a Christ centered community.
- An understanding of the importance for diversity, inclusion and equity.
- High school graduate.
- Three to five years experience managing data and office systems.
- Understanding of the implications of donor restrictions on gifts, and the ability to document and reconcile data.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands in fast paced work environment
- Typing and spelling competency
- Proficiency with various computer software applications, including Raiser’s Edge (or another similar CRM), Microsoft Office (including proficiency with Excel and Word), Google Suite
- Data entry experience
- Some college coursework
- Experience in higher education or other similar non-profit data management position
Receives supervision and work assignments from a designated supervisor, although other staff members in the unit may provide work direction.
Supervises the Data Entry Specialist and coordinates work assignments for student employees.
Apply Online for this position at https://snu.edu/employment/
Generous benefit structure including family health insurance plan (shared cost), long term disability, dental insurance, group life insurance, retirement matching, tuition remission, vacation, sick leave, personal days, and holidays.