Post Doctoral FellowLocation:
New Orleans, LAOpen Date:
Jul 24, 2023Description:
The Huang Lab aims to understand the molecular mechanisms of liver cancer development associated with alcoholic liver diseases and non-alcoholic liver diseases. We are looking for a talented and motivated post-doctoral fellow who is enthusiastic about liver research and drug delivery for treating liver malignancy.
The successful candidate who is a recent PhD graduate will be expected to conduct original research using cells and mouse models to study the molecular mechanisms of disease progression. The successful candidate will be expected to publish research results in peer-reviewed journals and present at national meetings. Preference will be given to those who have substantial experience in animal research and cancer as well as knowledge in molecular biology and drug delivery.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Planning, implementation and analysis of advanced scientific research projects
- Interpretation of data; statistical and data analysis
- Advises and assists with experimental design and execution
- Collaborates with faculty and other researchers
- Participates in the preparation and writing of grant applications and reports and co-authors scientific research manuscripts
- Operates and maintains a variety of scientific instrumentation which is essential to conducting the appropriate laboratory work
- Employs safety measures in working with hazardous chemicals, laboratory animals, etc.
- Performs proper recording of procedures related to research studies in the laboratory and for the systematic organization of experimental
- Performs other duties as required
Ph.D. required. We are looking for a talented and motivated post-doctoral fellow who is enthusiastic about liver research.
Applicants should submit their most current CV and any other documents you would like to include by applying online at the link provided. Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Please Note: Tulane University has officially adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. All employees and visiting faculty must be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccination or obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption prior to beginning employment.
Tulane University is located in New Orleans - a city with tremendous history of diverse cultures, community, and languages. Tulane is actively building a campus culture grounded in our values of EDI and anti-racism. We seek and welcome candidate applications from historically underrepresented groups, such as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color), women, LGBTQ , those living with disabilities, and veterans.
Tulane University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution committed to excellence through diversity and creating a community and culture that fosters a sense of belonging for all. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO and will not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital status, or any other status or classification protected by federal, state, or local law. It is important to us to intentionally seek candidates who are committed to fostering equity, diversity, and inclusion in support of Tulane’s Strategy for Tomorrow and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.