Project Build Instructor (Part-Time)Job Description:
As part of a diverse community of faculty and staff who represent many faith systems and worldviews, Marian University seeks a qualified, highly energetic, and ambitious professional to serve as a part-time Instructor for Project Build. The Instructor will promote our Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by teaching courses in the Adult Education Outreach Program.
Project Build is a grant supported program that provides Integrated Educational Training and Adult Basic Education to persons needing a high school equivalency diploma along with an entry level career pathway and/or English language training for English Language Learners. This is a non-benefit eligible, grant funded position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity, leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies.
- Plan lessons and curriculum based on the learning needs of culturally diverse and mul7-skill level students
- Use research-based instructional strategies
- Teach employability skills such as teamwork, leadership, and workplace values
- Embed workforce communication, math, science, and economic skills within the curriculum
- Co-Teach general knowledge and skills required to effectively navigate within the workplace
- Assist in developing social and life skills
- Monitor and evaluate progress of clients
- Maintain Inters/NRS records and documentation and prepare appropriate reports
- Provide quarterly ECT reports
- Identify areas requiring additional training on techniques and methods for career pathway
- Supervise teachers within a team teaching setting
- Collaborate with ECT partners to develop IET models
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience teaching at the k-12 and/or college level
- Experience teaching at-risk youth and adults
- Experience teaching adults who have a native language other than English
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a cover letter, a current resume, contact information for three professional references, and responses to the supplemental mission questions.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.Preferred Qualifications:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:Posting Number:
P245SOpen Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:Advertising Summary:
Located within 10 minutes of downtown Indianapolis, Marian University is one of the nation’s preeminent Catholic institutions of higher learning, and ranks as one of US News & World Report’s top universities in the Midwest Region. Marian University was founded in 1937 by the Sisters of St. Francis, Oldenburg, Indiana, and the Franciscan Values that the Sisters ingrained into the university’s culture are still prevalent today. The university has experienced tremendous growth in the past 15 years under the leadership of President Daniel J. Elsener, including the opening of the Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2013 – the state’s first new medical school in 110 years. Marian University’s football team has captured the NAIA national championship in 2012 and 2015. In 2016 and 2017, the women’s basketball team won back-to-back NAIA national championships. Marian University is also home to the most successful collegiate cycling program in the nation, which currently holds 42 national titles.Quick Link for Internal Postings: