Financial Aid Specialist Location:
System Office- Sandersville Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
The SSC Financial Aid Data Specialist is a full-time position that reports to the SSC Financial Aid Services Manager. The Financial Aid Data Specialist position is responsible for maintaining in-depth knowledge of Title IV financial aid to ensure the accurate and timely administration of financial aid-related processing. This position will include data verification, data processing and analysis, metric generation, and documentation support responsibilities as a part of the SSC Financial Aid team.
- Maintains audit and compliance controls by executing policies and procedures, proper validation of data, and transactional system processing including, but not limited to:
- Verifying accuracy of documents and consistency of data from federal tax returns, financial aid transcripts, verification documents, and any other student/parent information and documentation required to process financial aid.
- Processing financial aid applications according to federal/state guidelines or regulations.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of institutional and federal regulations, policy, and procedures related to the financial aid processing.
- Transactional processing related to all areas of financial aid
- Captures, documents, and analyzes current state business process, and identifies, makes recommendations for, and documents future state business processes.
- Reviews audit reports and resolves errors to ensure integrity of data.
- Accesses a variety of computer information systems and databases to retrieve verify and enter data.
- Assists with extracting and analyzing data for researching and developing efficiencies and making recommendations to leadership
- Performs related special projects and other responsibilities as needed.
This position requires:
- Bachelor¿s degree and three (3) years related experience or any equivalent combination of education, experience and training which provides the necessary knowledge and skills.
- 1-3 years¿ experience in higher education financial aid setting is strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Organizational skills for managing several processes, activities and website systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong bookkeeping and recording keeping skills
- High level of initiative and organization, good judgment, and discretion required
- Ability to appropriately handle sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to work long hours and perform computer operations for extended periods of time
- Skilled using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in CampusLogic Student Forms and/or Banner Student Information System strongly preferred
- Ability to communicate accurate information in a fast-paced environment
- Supportive of the University System of Georgia mission.