: Employee Assistance ProgramLocations:
: Binghamton, NYPosted:
: Jul 24, 2023Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timeRef. No.:
: 47567Position ID:
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a premier public R1 research institution in the State University of New York (SUNY) system that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by our mission, outstanding academics, facilities, and community life - promotes extraordinary student success, research, and service; Binghamton University is where our students, faculty and staff thrive.
Working at Binghamton University is more than about having a great job - it is about having the opportunity to flourish in an exciting, engaging environment. Our faculty and staff appreciate Binghamton's collegial and inclusive culture and its commitment to excellence, education, innovation and civic engagement. Our diverse campus community contributes to our success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty, exceptional staff, and ultramodern facilities to engage and challenge its 18,000+ students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first- generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration, and community service.
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and in keeping with this commitment, we welcome all to apply, including veterans and persons with disabilities.
Budget Title: Staff Associate (SL-4)
Salary: $70,000 - $73,000
Binghamton University is seeking an Associate Director for the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). The health and optimal functioning of its workforce is important and key to the advancement of the University's mission. EAP at Binghamton University provides confidential assessment and referral services regarding issues that may impact job performance and quality of life; supervisory consultation on individual and groups concerns; and assists the University in addressing employee support through a multi-faceted, proactive outreach program. The EAP Associate Director may be assigned to participate in campus committees and/or working groups as a representative of EAP as well as work in conjunction with the Healthy Campus Initiative in support of campus wide wellness programming for Binghamton University employees. The successful candidate will also be considered an essential employee and be expected respond to critical incidents, as needed.
The EAP Associate Director will provide leadership in the development and maintenance of efforts focused on supporting a diverse, health oriented, and highly productive work environment.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Development of and oversight for the implementation of an EAP program strategic plan which supports the mission and strategic initiatives of the University
- Provides operational oversight of the program and supervision of all staff
- Serves as the primary liaison with the University's EAP Committee and the New York State Employee Assistance Program (NYSEAP)
- Works with key internal constituents to define current and emerging needs, trends and areas of support for the campus community
- Analyzes and evaluates programmatic and operational effectiveness
- Provides assessment and referral services for faculty, staff, retirees, and their families
- Consults with managers and supervisors on employee performance issues
- Provides outreach to campus partners and program constituents to promote program awareness and marketing of services
- Creation of an annual program report and other administrative reports as requested
- Create, deliver and collaborate on training and educational efforts for faculty and staff
- Along with other EAP staff, continually build and maintain a current network of community resources for referral
- Participation in NYSEAP trainings and professional development opportunities
- Achievement of the Certified Employee Assistance Professional (CEAP) certification and/or other applicable certifications
- Responding to campus wide critical incidents as directed
- Be knowledgeable about New York State health insurance, University policies etc. for effective and efficient resource systems navigation
- Available and willing to participate in evening and weekend activities as needed
- This position has the University designations as "essential"
- Updating content for EAP webpages and website
- Managing EAP communications
- Sources and completes grant applications and management thereof
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- A Master's degree in human services, social work, counseling, human resources, or related field
- Significant experience in human resources; organizational management; program development; wellness programming; adult education and training; employee assistance and/or administration
- Commitment to the tenants of confidentiality and neutrality, and the principles of sensitivity and empathy
- Supervisory and/or leadership experience
- Ability to work with a diverse population and promote diversity in the workplace
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to effectively manage during crisis, with sensitivity
- Ability to work within a unionized environment
- Ability to operate in a large, complex, multi-site campus with a 24/7 workforce
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written, oral and presentation skills
- Familiarity with local community agencies and resources
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Payroll information can be found on our website https://www.binghamton.edu/offices/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website, accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
All applicants must apply via Interview Exchange: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=165105
Deadline for Internal Applicants: August 11, 2023
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.