Job Title: Administrative Assistant- Undergraduate Admissions
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Department: Enrollment & Student Advancement
Title of Manager/Supervisor: Assistant to the VP for Enrollment & Student Advancement
Number of Employees Reporting to this Position: 0
Range: $16.22- $18.00 per hour salary based on experience
Position Summary: Responsible for managing Consolidate Records (duplicate records), Preparation and execution of all mailings generated by the Admissions Office; Process and distribute incoming departmental mail; Maintain inventory of admission materials and admission office supplies; assist with managing admission email and fax accounts, Answer telephone and refer calls/inquiries, assist with data entry such as high school transcripts, inquiry cards.
Remote Work Days: This is a full time in-person position.
- Manage Consolidate Records (duplicate records) in our database (Slate)
- Preparation and execution of all mailings generated by the Admissions Office
- Process and distribute incoming departmental mail
- Maintain inventory of admission materials and office supplies
- Assist with answering telephone and refer calls/inquiries
- Assist with managing admission email and fax accounts
- Data entry (i.e. high school transcripts, inquiry cards, batch acquire, pre-reads)
- Assist with document imaging (scanning supporting application materials such as high school transcripts, student profiles, letters of recommendation)
- Work admission recruiting events
- Provide excellent customer service skills to internal and external customers
Health & Safety: All staff has a statutory responsibility to take reasonable care of themselves, others and the environment and to prevent harm by their acts or omissions. All staff is therefore required to adhere to the University’s Health, Safety, and Environmental Policy & Procedures.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills, and qualifications required of personnel so classified
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be able to multi-task
- Proficiency with MS Office
Minimal Qualifications: High School Diploma
Minimal Qualifications: Two years in fast-pace professional work environment
Preferred Qualifications: Five years in a fast-pace professional work environment
The physical demands characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Special Instructions to Applicants: An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Clarkson actively seeks and encourages applications from minorities, women and people with disabilities.
All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully passing a background check (including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal records).