Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to nearly 48,000 students, about 11,000 faculty and staff and 332,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 public research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.65 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.
The selected candidate will provide administrative support for the following departments in the College of Arts & Sciences: Women's Studies, Sociology, Africana Studies and Judaic Studies.Essential Functions
- Coordinate and monitor administrative duties.
- Assist in the development of unit policies and procedures.
- Monitor the financial status of unit programs and other budget allocations.
- Implement policies to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Prepare reports.
- May coordinate personnel functions for an operating unit at less than 25% of duties.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
- Bachelor’s Degree must be in accounting or related field.
- Four (4) years of relevant work experience and/or other specialized training can be used in lieu of education requirement.
Related finance or accounting experience.Physical Requirements/Work EnvironmentOffice environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.Application Process
Interested and qualified applicants must apply online and include:
- A cover letter of interest.
- A current CV/Resume.
Applications without a cover letter or CV/Resume will not be considered for the position.
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range of $47,000.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.