Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
You are invited to submit an application to be considered for a position with more than one opening. The number of positions varies depending on the needs of the department. Rank and compensation will be based on experience and academic credentials.
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to nearly 48,000 students, about 11,000 faculty and staff and 332,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 public research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.65 billion and its endowment totals $1.8 billion.
As part of a thriving research university in a city with five Fortune 500 companies, the Lindner College of Business delivers academic excellence with an emphasis on experiential learning in a multi-disciplinary environment, adding real-world value to students and the communities they serve. The college enrolls undergraduate students and graduate students. We provide them with unique opportunities to build professional experience, cultural competency and leadership skills through co-operative education, internships, field-study research and cross-disciplinary studios. In living and breathing this promise every day, we provide an education students can’t get anywhere else.Job Overview
The Department of Accounting in the Carl H. Lindner College of Business at the University of Cincinnati (UC) invites applications for up to two full-time, tenure-track assistant professor positions in Accounting, beginning August 15, 2024. The Lindner Accounting faculty publish in leading academic journals, serve as reviewers and editors for high quality accounting journals, and are recognized for excellence in teaching at the college and university level. Our faculty are committed to teaching excellence. WRDS and standard databases are available through the Lindner College of Business. Essential Functions
Primary responsibilities include:
- Conducting research in accounting and maintaining an active, quality publication record.
- Research is supported with an annual teaching load of nine credit hours (typically three courses) until tenure.
- Expected to teach accounting courses both in-person and online at the undergraduate, graduate, and PhD levels.
- Provide service to the Department of Accounting and the Lindner College of Business such as but not limited to serving on committees.
Prior to date of appointment, candidates must have a doctorate in accounting from an AACSB accredited institution. Application Process
Review of applications will start on October 1, 2023 and continue until the position is filled. To complete your application process, you will need to submit the following materials electronically via the website.
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Statement of research plans and teaching philosophy
- Sample of research papers
- Summary of teaching records and evaluations, if applicable
- Three letters of recommendations sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ask your contact to include your name in the subject line.
Please use the Additional Documents option as needed for these documents.Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
To learn more about why UC is a great place to work, please visit our careers page at https://www.uc.edu/careers.html
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN SF:IHE