Administrative Coordinator Graduate and Professional Studies and Nursing
St. Edward's University of Austin, Texas invites applications for the position of Administrative Coordinator. The Administrative Coordinator is a for Strategic Academic Initiatives provides broad support for the Office of Graduate and Professional Studies and the Department of Nursing. Including, liaising responsibilities with partners to support credentialing, licensure, and accrediting bodies.
For consideration, the applicant must have Bachelor's Degree Required, Master's Degree Preferred. At least three (3) years of administrative support and program coordination experience in higher education or other educational setting. Attention to detail and follow-through. Excellent organizational, oral, and written communication skills. Able to work with a diverse population of students, faculty and staff. Able to prioritize and monitor the progress and performance of the project activities and deliverables. Strong organizational and multitasking skills. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Knowledge of a wide range of technology platforms, both those used by foundations and by the College, including Word/Google tools, Smartsheet, Banner, Argos, and Adobe, for example. Maintains strong adherence to privacy, including FERPA, HiTech, HIPPA. Demonstrates acumen for multiple agencies associated with Nursing and Professional Education. Ability to handle highly confidential material. Ability to exercise and apply sound judgment and decision-making skills. Ability to adapt to new platforms such as website maintenance, calendar and meeting scheduling platforms (e.g., Handshake, Calendly, Google Calendar), varying meeting platforms (e.g., Zoom), and other CRM software, Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Smartsheet, Adobe Sign, and others as needed. Must possess the ability to successfully pass a criminal background check.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- General office and program management responsibilities:
- Create and revise operational systems and procedures, recordkeeping systems, forms, office layout, and budgetary requirements focused on continuous improvement, implementing changes as needed.
- Maintain efficient workflow by organizing office files, supplies, and equipment. Provide expertise in the operation of office equipment and maintain supplies inventory.
- Process incoming and outgoing correspondence and mail for departmental faculty and leadership including typing and editing reports, letters, and other curriculum or required documents.
- Coordinate conferences and travel arrangements for the department leadership and faculty.
- Maintain BOX files for all documents, including fiscal management of departmental purchases and expenses.
- Pay bills, create purchase orders, submit expense statements, and collaborate with supervisors about budgeting questions.
- Maintains financial accounts for programs including monthly reconciling of program budgets.
- Assist the leadership in the general operation and maintenance of facilities, including management of fiscal resources for physical maintenance and procurement of supplies and equipment to include processing requests and making appropriate provisions for maintenance and repair of buildings, classrooms, restrooms, and offices.
- Establish and maintain a centralized calendar system to support goal attainment and strategic planning for Nursing and GPS.
- Assist the department leadership with departmental data collection and analysis, and monitor trends for program assessment, evaluation, and accreditation.
- Design and maintain reporting procedures (including BOX files and varying databases) regarding Nursing and GPS data, confidential student information, and statistical research.
- Maintain digital records of the programs' required documentation to maintain credentialing and accreditation status, including student data, vendor packets, curriculum, courses, etc.
- Organize and maintain student, accreditation, financial, and other department electronic records deemed necessary within the statutes for state licensure and national accreditation.
- Manage the maintenance of credentialing capabilities (e.g., CWSE, ANCC) for the university across various academic disciplines, including TBON, AACN, and CCNE for annual CIPR and other required reporting.
- Prepare and generate reports in a timely manner as required by department leadership and accrediting and licensing agencies.
- Assist the departments with admission and retention of student cohorts:
- Support admission and progression procedures, including determining initial transcript evaluation and other quantifiable data review.
- Communicate with other university departments, units, and divisions regarding programmatic processes (i.e., registrar's office, schools, department chairs, success coaches, other stakeholders within the academic affairs division, etc.)
- Manage file review for applications, including application profile, transcript evaluation, and additional application documents as necessary.
- Track retention across nursing and graduate programs using Tableau.
- Facilitate the completion and proper filing of contracts, clinical affiliation agreements, background checks, and other faculty/student onboarding requirements for both Faculty/Clinical Coordinators and GPS Personnel.
- Communicate effectively with others, projecting a positive image of the department and university to internal and external stakeholders (i.e., students, faculty, coordinators, staff, community members, etc.)
- Assist with departmental search processes for job candidates.
- Assist with onboarding and orientation of part-time and full-time faculty with information about general policies, procedures, equipment, and campus resources.
- Schedule and coordinate department meetings and ceremonies.
- Participate in departmental meetings and other announced activities, including marketing and recruitment activities.
- Prepare and generates department meeting minutes
- Participate in training and other opportunities for continued professional development, including attendance at off and on-campus activities as feasible.
- Staffing/training of student employees:
- Hire, schedule, train, supervise, and evaluate work-study student employees.
- Supervise work-study projects and requests of faculty for student assistance.
- Monitor, approve, and sign timecards.
- Initiate corrective or disciplinary action for underperforming student workers when appropriate and maintain records regarding such actions.
- Responsible for regulatory and policy compliance as it applies to the position.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package!
Medical & Rx Coverage - UMR (HSA & FSA Available)
Dental - Sunlife Dental
Vision - Sunlife Vision Plan
Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Annual Leave & Paid Sick Leave
Retirement Plan - (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%
Services & Discounts
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com. Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please. Applications will not be considered if it is missing any of these three items.
In your cover letter, please describe your lived experiences that prepare you to contribute to diversity and inclusion at St. Edward's University?
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Reference #: J2020410