The Disability & Testing Services Coordinator facilitates access to Oregon Tech programs & services for individuals with disabilities through accommodations, education, consultation & advocacy.
This position works with the Director of Disability & Testing Services to serve the entire Oregon Tech community (students and visitors with disabilities, as well as departments needing, or seeking, to improve the physical and programmatic accessibility of their programs) at all campus locations. The Disability and Testing Services Coordinator leads Oregon Tech’s efforts to respond appropriately to non-discrimination and accommodation services requirements of the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, Section 504 and 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and Title IX requirements. Disability and Testing Services is within the division of Student Affairs and this position reports to the Director of Disability and Testing Services.
The Disability and Testing Services Department facilitates access to Oregon Tech programs and services for individuals with disabilities through accommodations, education, consultation, and advocacy.
For more information please visit: https://www.oit.edu/academics/cares/access-campus-equity-services
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Recent (within last 5 years) experience in serving/working with adults with disabilities in higher education or similar field
- Knowledge of disability laws and implications for higher education including Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, Americans with Disabilities Act and Fair Housing Act
- Proven ability to safeguard sensitive and confidential information
- Familiarity with FERPA regulations Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of audiences
- Proficiency using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint or similar software
- Master’s degree in Higher Education, Administration, Student Personnel, Counseling, or related field
- In-depth knowledge of disability laws and implications for higher education including Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, Section 508, the Americans with Disabilities Amendments Act, Fair Housing Act, and Title IX
- Current (last 5 years) experience providing Disability Services program administration
- Experience working in higher education
- Experience working with students
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Initial review of applications will begin on August 11, 2023. Applications will continue to be accepted after the initial review date until a sufficient applicant pool has been achieved or the position is filled. Therefore, at the discretion of the University, materials received after the initial review date may not receive full consideration.
Applications are accepted exclusively through the Oregon Tech careers page application portal. To be included in consideration, please visit: https://jobs.oit.edu/postings/5996
Then, upload the following elements to your application:
2. Cover Letter
3. Professional References List
1. Other Document
2. Transcripts (Unofficial)
Oregon Tech is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. The University does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring, or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion or creed, sex or gender, gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis in law.
Oregon Tech is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Office of Human Resources.
To peruse other employment opportunities at Oregon's premiere polytechnic university, visit the Oregon Tech Job Board: https://jobs.oit.edu
Oregon Tech proudly offers a competitive benefits package to eligible employees; to learn more about the comprehensive offering of benefits visit: https://www.oit.edu/human-resources/benefits