SENIOR SAP PAYROLL FUNCTIONAL ANALYST, Information Services & Technology, BUworks, Finance Tracking Code23500004570725Job Description
Want to be at the cutting edge of research and innovation on a vibrant, dynamic campus shaping the future of education? Consider joining Boston University Information Services & Technology (IS&T). The Senior SAP Payroll Functional Analyst will be part of a high performing and dynamic Information Services & Technology (IS&T) organization providing innovative solutions utilizing the SAP Payroll and Human Capital Management modules. This role focuses on SAP configuration within Payroll (PY), with oversite into the areas of Time (TM), Personnel Administration (PA), Organizational Management (OM), and Benefits (BE) modules. The Senior SAP Payroll Functional Analyst will have experience in overall Payroll activities, Human Resource policies, and SAP Technologies and best practices, including, but not limited to, SAP ERP, Business Suite on HANA, ESS/MSS, SAP Fiori, S4/HANA, and SuccessFactors. In addition, the Senior SAP Payroll Analyst will have experience with BSI Tax Software, W-2 processing, concurrent employment, and researching SAP Notes.
Typical activities will include:
- Working in a collaborative environment with functional analysts, developers, and clients to deliver robust solutions that follow SAP best practices
- Execute and configure Payroll related objects including wage types, payroll and time schemas, and tax data
- Strategic analysis and functional design documentation based on business requirements
- Participating in project implementations
- Monitoring, prioritizing, and working on product backlogs and support tickets
- Define and execute test phases of payroll runs, parallel payrolls, and fiscal and year-end processing
We're seeking applicants with diverse skills and experience to serve the BU community. In return, IS&T invests in our staff and their personal and professional growth. We promote staff learning including lunch and learn sessions, an extensive library of online courses, and opportunities to engage with peers at NERCOMP and EDUCAUSE events. Our Fun Advisory Board (FAB) arranges a number of events throughout the year; recent events included a night a Lucky Strikes Boston, karaoke night, BU hockey game, a night at Symphony Hall, pancake breakfast, and a department holiday lunch. BU offers an excellent benefits package, generous vacation policy and competitive salaries.
- B.A./B.S. and over eight years of experience with SAP Payroll, HCM and other SAP Tools and Technologies.
- Strong analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills, and ability to work independently and in team settings.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job LocationBOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular