Administrative Support, Levels I-V(Temporary/Pool)Position Type:
Short-Term Hourly - Administrative Support, Levels I-V: $16.00 - $27.00/hourPosting Number:
Vice President, Human Resources OfficeHealth & Welfare Benefits:
Persons employed for temporary employment are not eligible to participate in the College’s Health and Welfare plan or option fringe benefit plan in conjunction with their employment. Human Resources will track the eligibility requirements under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Should a person meet the eligibility requirements, Human Resources will initiate an open enrollment period to enroll an ACA designated medical plan.Open Date:
06/30/2024Initial Screening Date:
06/30/2024Open Until Filled:
For more details about this position, please contact:Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
Name: Human Resources
Phone: (909) 274-4225
The College is an equal opportunity employer. The policy of the College is to encourage applications from ethnic and racial minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and Vietnam-era veterans. No person shall be denied employment because of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex (gender), age, sexual orientation, or the perception that a person has one or more of these characteristics.Overview:
THIS IS A TEMPORARY, HOURLY AS NEEDED POSITION WITHOUT PERMANENT STATUSApplication Procedure:
This is a CONTINUOUS recruitment for an applicant POOL to fill temporary, hourly assignments on an as-needed basis. Departments or divisions will refer to the POOL of applications on file to fill temporary assignments as the need arises. You will be contacted by the hiring manager should the department/division be interested in scheduling an interview.
Under general supervision, provides responsible technical and clerical support to professional staff in various departments across campus; performs related work as required.
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; however, applications submitted by 11:59 p.m. (PST) on the listed Close Date are assured consideration. Applicants must submit all of the following materials online:Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Mt. San Antonio College online application.
2. A cover letter describing how the applicant meets the required education and experience.
3. A detailed resume that summarizes educational preparation and professional experience for the position.
1. Provides general administrative support, including preparing correspondence, memoranda, and reports; data entry; performing front desk customer service; receiving and appropriately routing correspondence; and maintaining schedules and records, and filing.License(s) & Other Requirements:
2. Receives and screens visitors, telephone calls, and emails, providing a high level of customer service to both external and internal customers.
3. Organizes and maintains various administrative and follow-up files; purges files as required.
4. Assists office staff with projects and programs as assigned.
5. Operates standard office equipment, including job-related computer hardware and software applications, facsimile equipment, and multi-line telephones.
6. Other duties as assigned.
This position may periodically be required to get to a variety of locations. If operating a vehicle, employees must have the ability to secure and maintain a valid California driver’s license.Conditions of Employment:
Notice to all prospective employees – The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Administrative Procedure 3518, titled Child Abuse Reporting, as a condition of employment.Conflict of Interest:
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Mt. San Antonio Community College Annual Security Report is available here: Mt. SAC Annual Security Report.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘Responsible Employee’ under Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972 and is required to report to the College’s Title IX Coordinator all relevant details reported to him or her about an incident of alleged sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence and stalking.
Mt. San Antonio College employees and the Board of Trustees members shall not engage in any employment or activity that is inconsistent with, incompatible with, or in conflict with Mt. San Antonio College’s Administrative Procedures (AP 2710 Conflict of Interest, AP 2712 Conflict of Interest Codes).District Rights:
We reserve the right to re-open, re-advertise, delay, or cancel filling this position. This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies.