4800 Preston Park Boulevard, Plano, Texas, 75093
We are searching for candidates that meet the required qualifications and experience and are able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Provide educational instruction to students in Continuing Education non-credit courses in assigned subject/topic in accordance with course syllabus, semester schedule and college mission which may include day, evening, distance education, weekend courses, online instruction, and other instructional modalities.
For a list of current CE course offerings in each of these areas, visit: http://www.collin.edu/ce/courses.html
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct student assessments/testing, and educational/vocational goal setting for all assigned students.
- Complete daily class attendance rosters and accurately document student absences.
- Develop and submit 100% of learning documentation and course syllabi to program director of courses assigned.
- Maintain familiarity with current course textbooks, classroom materials, teaching aids, and teaching techniques revising course content, teaching methodology, and technology to maintain currency and relevance relative to courses within the discipline. Return instructor/student books/materials supplied by the college at the end of each semester.
- Prepare and submit 100% of student related forms – student evaluations, student attendance rosters, tracking and information forms, informal assessments of student progress, and other student-related documents for 100% of students assigned in accordance with directed timeline requirements.
- Complete and submit 100% of staff related forms (teaching contracts, professional development forms, materials/supplies tracking forms, and additional requests) in accordance with directed timeline requirements.
- Immediately notify program director of any and all support services that students may need, documenting referrals made. Respect confidentiality in discussing students, staff, volunteers, and college matters.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of and adhere to college mission, procedures and regulations. Keep program director well-informed of activities, results of efforts, problems identified/potential problems related to instruction and students.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with company policies, procedures and core values.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills and aptitude to work with people at all levels of the College and in the classroom.
Physical Demands, Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field from a regionally accredited institution is required. Master’s degree preferred.
Proven work experience in relevant industry as well as proven training and/or teaching experience.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS:
Please note, our part-time faculty positions are posted continuously based on anticipated need and student enrollment. If the division has a need for additional part-time faculty for a future assignment and you are selected to continue to the next phase of the hiring process, you will be contacted directly by the department chair to schedule an interview.
**This position is Security Sensitive, therefore, candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.**
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job as duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. Collin College reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made by Collin College in its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required & Preferred Qualifications (if applicable):The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
Per Adjunct Faculty/CE Instructor Rates
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Collin College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable law.