Administrative StaffClassification Title:
Administrative StaffPosition Title:
Sr. Associate Director of Advancement Communications and MarketingPosition Number:
A00577Pay Grade Level:
Institutional AdvancementPosting Number:
S 121301203Full or Part Time:
Full TimeBasic Function:
The Sr. Associate Director of Advancement Communications and Marketing will contribute to and help manage all Advancement Communication and Marketing activities. The ideal candidate will work closely with the director to design and implement a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy that supports Institutional Advancement’s short and long-term fundraising and engagement goals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in writing, creating, implementing, managing, and optimizing content across multiple channels, including email and e-newsletters, websites, social media, virtual events, and direct mail.
- Communications and marketing strategy development, execution, and automation.
- Audience segmentation and CRM integration.
- Marketing campaign planning, strategy, and management, with an emphasis on digital communications.
- Analytics implementation and dashboard building.
- Basic web strategy and HTML coding skills.
- Writing and editing, including landing pages, web/blog content, emails, newsletters, ad copy, social media, and press releases.
- Basic graphic and visual design, including familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Adherence to and promotion of AP Style and university brand standards.
- Refine and track progress toward team goals that have the greatest impact on the fundraising and engagement goals of Institutional Advancement.
- Write, plan, and edit content for key Institutional Advancement communications, including but not limited to solicitations, donor proposals, stewardship/impact reports, invitations, event programs, targeted emails, and event scripts.
- Collaborate with divisional and campus partners, consultants, and contractors who support the writing and development of advancement communication and collateral materials.
- Project manage communication, marketing, and collateral projects, ensuring all internal and external partners are aware of and effectively executing project plans while meeting deadlines.
- Manage a detailed project calendar and monitor project updates and deadlines. Communicate proactively regarding challenges that could interfere with project completion, keeping stakeholders informed.
- Develop new and refine existing project workflows to ensure the efficient, repeatable, and high-quality delivery of work product.
- Ensure key advancement messages are incorporated into IA and university communications and marketing activities, including talking points, presentations, reports, video production, social media efforts, and other channels.
- Collect, analyze, and incorporate data into the daily work of the team and the workflows of partners in IA.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or a related field. Minimum of four years of progressive communications and marketing experience.Preferred Qualifications:
Emphasis on digital marketing and experience in higher education, development, fundraising, or nonprofit. Knowledge of university advancement best practices related to communication, engagement, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.Physical Demands:
Office environment. No specific or unusual physical or environmental demands.Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and list of three professional references, including contact information. References will only be contacted after you are notified.Denison University Background Check Statement:
The final candidate will undergo a background check as a conditional offer of employment.Denison University EEO Statement :
To achieve our mission as a liberal arts college, we continually strive to attract and hire candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences and identities. Denison fosters a campus community that recognizes the value of all persons regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender expression and identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or socio-economic background. For additional information and resources about diversity at Denison, please see our Diversity Guide (https://denison.edu/forms/diversity-guide). Denison University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.