: Nurse Education DepartmentLocations:
: Boston, MAPosted:
: Jul 25, 2023Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timeRef. No.:
: NUPPosition ID:
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area. The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Bunker Hill is also a Hispanic Service Institution, defined as an institution that has an enrollment of undergrad full-time equivalent students that is at least 25 percent Hispanic students. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
Living in Boston
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America. Twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offer more than 600,000 residents the opportunity to taste, touch, and experience things from all over the world. Neighbors benefit from exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, and a solid network of parks, community centers, and libraries. For more information about Boston go to: http://www.cityofboston.gov/residents.
The Senior Director of Nurse Education has the responsibility and authority for the administrative and instructional activities of the Nurse Education program. The Senior Director is responsible to students, faculty, and college administration for the safe and lawful operations of the Nurse Education program. This includes management of the department budget, maintenance and development of the Program and Advisory Board meetings and maintenance of program accreditation. This essential role encompasses collaborating with faculty, support staff, Assistant Dean and Dean of Health Sciences to ensure continuous program improvement.
The Senior Director of Nurse Education has the designated authority to administer the program with responsibility to:
- Serve as the Nurse Administrator/Administrator of Record in accordance with BORN and ACEN requirements.
- Develop and prepare for submission all reports and accreditation materials required by governing or accrediting agencies.
- Oversee the Nurse Education Department and nursing program matters such as, but not limited to, supervision of faculty and staff, other personnel matters, student concerns, curriculum and resources.
- Develop full implementation of systematic program evaluation.
- Maintain communications with faculty and staff.
- Provide strategic planning and implementation that supports the goals and outcomes of the Nurse Education program.
- Provide management of resources and ensure compliance with all BORN regulations at 244 CMR 6.04(1)-(5).
- Prepare and administer the program budget with faculty input.
- Collaborate with the Nurse Education Department Chair who is responsible for the implementation of the Nurse Education program and/or curriculum.
- Assist the Chair and the faculty to develop and implement student and program policies.
- Orient, mentor and evaluate full and part time faculty in their areas of responsibility according to the MCCC contract.
- Support faculty in using multiple forms of delivery, inclusive of distance technologies.
- Assist faculty with curricular, operational, and professional development needs.
- Assist faculty in continuous quality improvement for teaching effectiveness and obtaining the desired student learning and program outcomes.
- Supervise the development of instructional materials and assist in conducting research on the effectiveness of the instructional program consistent with the philosophy and objectives of the College, and the requirements of external and/or regulatory agencies.
- Monitor the health clearance process for student and faculty in the Nurse Education program.
- Coordinate the master schedule for course offerings.
- Promote a culture of respect, inclusion, and civility.
- Cooperate with the President of the College or the President's designee in the development, dissemination and implementation of Board of Higher Education/College policy, regulations and procedures.
- Leads a department that involves significant public/student impact and/or significant inherent risk to the institution.
- Develops and executes the department's operational plan and is responsible for performance and goal achievement; participates in strategic planning process.
- Responsible for administrative, operational and business functions with significant impact on infrastructure and/or the student experience and/or with specialized technical content.
- Supervises department employees often through subordinate Assistant/Associate Directors.
- Manages, evaluates and coaches personnel in the department including selection and training of new hires.
- Collaborates with colleagues and peers internally and works with external stakeholders.
- Reports to a Dean, Executive Director, AVP or VP)
- Examples: Director of Network Operations (Reports to CIO), Director, Student Financial Services (Reports to Executive Director, Student Financial Services), Registrar (Reports to Dean of Enrollment Management).
- Current Massachusetts Registered Nurse license in good standing or eligibility for licensure in the State.
- Master's degree in nursing required; doctorate preferred.
- Minimum of five years full-time nursing experience, or its equivalent, within the last eight years, with at least three years' experience in nursing education.
- Expertise appropriate to administrative responsibilities.
Salary Range: $100,000.00 - $130,000.00 Actual salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Full State Benefits.
Review Date: Open Until Filled
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE