Digital News Content Associate - Communications and Marketing
The Office of Communications and Marketing at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, seeks applications and nominations for the position of digital news content associate. The digital news content associate works as a member of the News and Information team to execute predefined digital news content across multiple digital platforms and channels; supports distribution of news to local, state and national media; monitors, analyzes, and reports on digital engagement of targeted audiences.
UT is the state’s flagship research university, a campus of choice for outstanding undergraduates, and a premier graduate institution. As a land-grant university, the institution fulfills its access mission through a commitment to excellence in learning, scholarship, and engagement.
The Office of Communications and Marketing is dedicated to advancing the university’s reputation. Staff members support the institution’s mission and goals, promote its successes and achievements, inform and engage its stakeholders, and ensure the integrity of its brand. We craft audience-focused communications based on data, best-practices, and emerging trends.
The division comprises several cross-functional teams, employing more than 50 full-time professionals with expertise in design, development, video production, content strategy, feature writing, editing, marketing, media relations, internal communication, and special events.
We seek candidates who can contribute in meaningful ways to the diversity and intercultural goals of the university.
● Posts and manages predefined digital news content on website, utilizing SEO best practices
● Builds and distributes news releases to local, state, and national media
● Maintains and updates UT news page, news feed, and faculty experts guide
● Maintains and updates editorial news calendar
● Supports efforts with The Conversation partnership including posting copy, monitoring and reporting quarterly metrics
● Coordinates with research, marketing, creative, video, and digital teams, as needed, to prepare digital content
● Monitors news media engagement across all digital platforms, and provides analytics and insights
● Assists media relations coordinator in maintaining and updating targeted media distribution lists
● Conducts ongoing research of digital news activity of peer, target, and aspirational institutions to help inform leadership’s strategy and awareness
● Uses media monitoring tools to document earned media coverage and serves as team liason for media monitoring vendor
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge, skills or experience in the following:
● Google Analytics
● SEO best practices
● Digital content strategy best practices
● Smart email markeing platforms (such as Emma)
● Managing website content in a CMS (such as WordPress)
● Creating and optimitzing multimedia for multiple digital platforms (to include imagery, graphics, and video)
● Using Adobe Creative Cloud suite, including PhotoShop, Premier, Illustrator, InDesign, Spark, XD, and others (or the ability to learn these software platforms)
● Good interpersonal communication skills
● Ability to work on multiple projects with rolling deliverables
● Ability to meet deadlines
● Ability and interest in learning new complementary skills in the digital space
● Ability to act professionally and interact well with team members and campus partners
● Ability to provide and receive feedback and constructive criticism
● Desire to protect and promote the university’s reputation
Required: Associate’s degree in a communications or related field and at least one year of progressive experience related to job responsibilities, which may include internships or student employment.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree and at least one year in a communications related field with experience related to job responsibilities
The hiring range for this position is market range 07. Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience.
The university offers a highly competitive benefits package that includes health insurance and retirement plans through the State of Tennessee, generous annual and sick leave accruals, longevity pay, tuition waivers and discounts, discounted athletics tickets, and more.
A review of all applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For full consideration, applicants must apply electronically through Taleo and submit a cover letter, resume, and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three references. A minimum of two references should be current or previous supervisors.Job:
Other Tech/Para-ProfessionalPrimary Location:
News And InformationSchedule:
Jul 26, 2023, 10:44:22 AM