Job Location: Fort Wayne Campus - Fort Wayne, IN
Position Type: Part Time
Education Level: Bachelor's
Travel Percentage: Travel Required
Job Category: Athletics
Indiana Tech is a thriving, independent, teaching-oriented institution with a focus on career-oriented programs in business, engineering, information technology and computer science, criminal justice, life sciences, human services and many other concentrations. Indiana Tech enrolls nearly 1,500 students in its traditional undergraduate programs on its picturesque main campus and nearly 5,000 students in its College of Professional Studies programs online and onsite at 15 regional locations. Degrees are offered at the associate, bachelors, masters and doctoral levels.
Over 41% of our students are either globally or domestically diverse; this contributes to our unique vibrant and inclusive campus community. All academic programs are designed to provide students with relevant and practical experiences, including an emphasis on internships. The university is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Indiana Institute of Technology embraces diversity and equal opportunity intentionally. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success with respect to educating our students to become global citizens. Indiana Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Indiana Tech has big plans for its future. Learn more at Indiana Tech Strategic Plan.
The Department of Athletics at Indiana Tech serves as an integral part of the university and is an important participant in its mission. The commitment of the Department of Athletics is to enhance the student experience and to provide quality programs that are competitive, fun, and meaningful in an atmosphere that promotes success within the spirit of fair play, sportsmanship, and integrity.
The Assistant Dance Coach shall assist the Head Dance Coach in all areas of the program, with particular emphasis on choreography, performances, recruitment, and development of the program. The successful candidate will have a track record of success in developing and engaging student-athletes in meaningful and creative ways.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with developing a Competitive Dance program to compete in WHAC and NAIA events
- Assist in the planning, development, and administration of certain aspects of the program
- Assist in implementation of team policies aligning with the philosophy of the institution
- Assist in the recruitment and retention of student-athletes
- Assist in academic oversight of student-athletes
- Oversee performances at home basketball games and other relevant events
- Primarily choreograph routines for game day and other university/community events
- Participate in continuing the growth of skills for all dancers
- Assist in preparing students to meet eligibility qualifications for NAIA, WHAC and Indiana Tech
- Execute secondary duties within the Department of Athletics as assigned
- Support the mission, vision, and strategic plan of Indiana Tech
Measures of Accomplishment
- Collaborate with supervisor to determine short and long-term goals of the position.
- Identify opportunities to expand the Spirit offerings as appropriate.
- Establish and meet enrollment, retention, and graduation rates
Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of coaching and choreographing experience required.
- Working knowledge of intercollegiate eligibility regulations, recruiting policies and practices, and higher education procedures
Physical work and travel are required. Work is performed during traditional and non-traditional hours. Night and weekend work is common, during specific time periods.
Application materials must include a cover letter and resume. Applicants must be prepared to provide a written response to Tech's vision and diversity statements. The position remains open until filled; a review of candidates will commence as application materials are received.