Clinical Assistant Professor of Marketing
Grand Forks, North Dakota, United StatesAdd to favoritesFavorited View favoritesSalary/Position Classification
Purpose of Position
- $95,000 to $105,000 Contract, Exempt
- 40 hours per week
- 100% Remote Work Availability: No
- Hybrid Work Availability: No
The AACSB accredited Nistler College of Business and Public Administration, Department of Marketing invites applications for a non-tenure track, promotable, position at the level of Clinical Assistant Professor in Marketing. The desired start date is August 2024. The anticipated course load is 12 credit hours per semester. While this educator position does not require research, the position is ideal for individuals who value academic research and want to be surrounded by faculty who are top tier researchers and would be welcome to participate in research seminars. We encourage Clinical Assistant Professors to bring research findings into the classroom to enhance the educational experience for our students. Duties & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will become an integral part of the growing Marketing major and Professional Sales minor (offered in-person and online in mixed mode format). Highly valued are evidence of quality teaching, service, and marketing related professional engagement activities with public and private practice (e.g., practice-oriented research activities, certifications, conducting professional education workshops, participation in professional events and workshops, consulting services, board work, and others). The candidate’s contributions should align with the missions and strategic plans of the university, college, and department.
- Effective teaching in courses such as: Marketing Foundations; Integrated Marketing Communications; Marketing Research and Analytics, Marketing Strategy, Professional Sales, Sales Management, Social Media, Digital Marketing, and others. Candidates with effective teaching in upper-level courses (undergraduate and/or graduate) are especially encouraged to apply.
- Service to the department, college, and university; marketing- or sales-related engagement with public and/or private practice. Maintain Professional Qualifications required for Practicing Academics (PA) as per AACSB and College guidelines
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills to effectively communicate with students, coworkers, and various external groups.
- Ability to work with and engage diverse students and colleagues within and outside of the Marketing department.
- Ability to teach various modes of delivery.
- PhD or DBA in Marketing or Sales from an AACSB Accredited Program. ABD considered.
- Evidence of teaching Marketing and/or Sales in an academic or professional context.
- Successful completion of a Standard + Education Criminal History Background Check
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.Preferred Qualifications
- Evidence of experiential, high-impact learning practices and active learning
- Evidence of high-quality teaching effectiveness in marketing and/or sales in an academic or professional context.
For full consideration, please submit the following materials by September 15, 2023.
- A letter addressing qualifications, commitment to excellence in teaching, Teaching Philosophy, and any marketing related engagements with public and/or private practice.
- Evidence of quality teaching (e.g., student evaluations, teaching awards or recognition, faculty peer evaluations, etc.).
- Reference Letters, or list of reference names with contact information.
- A current curriculum vita.
- Official Transcripts. Please note, if unofficial transcripts are submitted with the application, the selected candidate will be required to submit official transcripts upon hire.
Position is open until filled.