: College of Community and Public Affairs, BUCSLocations:
: Binghamton, NYPosted:
: Jul 18, 2023Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-time TemporaryRef. No.:
: 46427Position ID:
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a premier public R1 research institution in the State University of New York (SUNY) system that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by our mission, outstanding academics, facilities, and community life - promotes extraordinary student success, research, and service; Binghamton University is where our students, faculty and staff thrive.
Working at Binghamton University is more than about having a great job - it is about having the opportunity to flourish in an exciting, engaging environment. Our faculty and staff appreciate Binghamton's collegial and inclusive culture and its commitment to excellence, education, innovation and civic engagement. Our diverse campus community contributes to our success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty, exceptional staff, and ultramodern facilities to engage and challenge its 18,000+ students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first- generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration, and community service.
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and in keeping with this commitment, we welcome all to apply, including veterans and persons with disabilities.
Budget Title: Senior Staff Assistant (SL-3), temporary, grand-funded position
The NYSED Central/Western Region Community Schools Technical Assistance Center (TAC) Assistant Director is a full-time (37.5 hours per week), 12-month position. Under direct supervision of the C/W TAC Director, the Assistant Director will support and provide technical assistance and professional development as identified through the region's needs/resource assessments.
- Support day to day operations of C/W CS TAC
- Update list of all Community Schools in the Central/Western regional of NYS
- Working with the Director, develop new and continue existing partnerships with district superintendents, CBO partners, program managers, and other partners to educate them on community schools
- Provide partners with tools and resources that assist with the development and implementation of Community Schools
- Update TAC contact list across Central/Western region
- Co-manage a secured password-protected encrypted database for survey data
- Assist with communication materials such as videos and PowerPoints
- Provide input and feedback for semi-annual and annual reports
- Assist with site visits/targeted technical assistance with regional partners
- Compile documentation for contacts, calendar, and project deliverables required for site visits/targeted TA
- Follow- up with participants following site visits/targeted technical assistance to solicit feedback
- Site visits are conducted in collaboration with the Director
- Assist with needs assessments with partnering districts
- Support strategic planning with school districts as needed
- Assist in the development and management of partnerships
- Work closely with Director to develop a plan for outreach and tracking of contacts with new and existing partners
- Support potential partners in making connections with Community Schools resources
- Connect and convene and serve as a liaison between school districts requesting support
- Assist with professional development activities
- Provide support for professional development sessions for the Central/Western region
- Co-facilitate with Director event planning, registration, promotional materials; targeted outreach, and evaluating professional development activities
- Assist with Community Schools TAC Website, Newsletter, Weekly Email
- Lead periodic checks of CS TAC website to ensure resources are updated, links are active content is current and relevant, and organization is in place
- Provide input for monthly newsletter and weekly email - provide content, identify new resources, proofreading, etc.
- Assist with the evaluation for NYS C/W CS TAC
- Review and analyze evaluation data for NYS Central/Western Community Schools TAC activities
- Enter data into mid-year and end-of-year reports
- Provide input for mid-year and end-of-year reports within NYSED deadlines
- Represent the Central/Western CS TAC in regional meetings as required by NYSED and BUCS leadership
- Attend NYSED meetings
- Monthly check-ins
- Regional meetings as outlined by NYSED
- Respond to requests from NYSED and C/W TAC Director
- Success stories
- Tracking of activities
- Assist with presentations for local, regional, state, and national partners
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- Bachelor's Degree in education or related field
- Experience in conducting professional development sessions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- At least 3 years of experience with Community School strategies
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Payroll information can be found on our website https://www.binghamton.edu/offices/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website, accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
All applicants must apply via Interview Exchange: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=164791
Deadline for Internal Applicants: August 9, 2023
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.