Present Position Number:
PT Instruct/InstructorPosition Title:
Adjunct Faculty in Educational Policy, Planning, and LeadershipUnit Mission Statement:
The mission of the William & Mary School of Education is to transform students, schools, and communities through professional preparation, collaborative partnerships, and the translation of research into action.Position Summary:
The Department of Educational Policy, Planning, and Leadership is recruiting a pool of persons for the Fall 2023, Spring 2024, and Summer 2024 semesters to be considered for possible adjunct teaching positions in our master’s programs in higher education and K-12 administration, our Executive Ed.D. programs in higher education, K-12 administration, and gifted education, and our Ph.D. programs in higher education, K-12 administration, and curriculum and learning design.
This pool will be accessed ONLY when an opening arises and is based on funding. Your credentials will remain active as long as this pool is available. If you are still interested once this pool is closed, you must resubmit your application materials to the most current adjunct pool.
If you have previously submitted an application for an instructional position at William & Mary via the online system, your existing application documents can be easily transferred to this position pool.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The review of applications is ongoing.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain frequent and open communication with William & Mary faculty and staff through email, mail, telephone, and any other medium deemed appropriate.
- Consult with William & Mary faculty on the requirements of the course and any assignments required for accreditation purposes.
- Fulfill all aspects of the designated course outline.
- Review course content, activities, and assignments prior to the term start date.
- Meet all designated course instruction guidelines.
- Provide students with timely and specific feedback.
- Grade assignments and exams in a timely manner.
- Respond to student inquiries within 1-2 business days.
- Be available to students for individual and group consultation.
- Submit final grades according to William & Mary School of Education policy.
Successful completion of a terminal degree in education, higher education, education law, or education policy.Preferred Qualifications:
Conditions of Employment:
- College teaching experience in education, higher education, or a related field.
- Dissertation service as a chair, co-chair, or committee member.
- Supervision of graduate student research.
3M1000 Education OperationsLocation:
William & MaryJob Open Date:
06/16/2023Open Until Filled:
AdjunctSpecial Application Instructions:
For full consideration please submit a CV, three references, and a cover letter indicating the program of interest and your qualifications to teach in the program.Background Check Statement:
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.EEO Statement:
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Benefits Summary Statement:
William & Mary offers our employees a full array of benefits including retirement, health insurance with options for expanded dental and vision along with group and optional life insurance with coverage for spouse and children, flexible spending accounts, and an EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
Our employees enjoy additional university benefits such as educational assistance, professional development, wellness benefits, and a robust holiday schedule. All employees have access to fitness facilities on campus. Staff members also have access to the university libraries, and much more. To learn more, go to: https://www.wm.edu/offices/hr/currentemployees/benefits/index.php