Position: Vice President for Finance and Administration
Summary and Purpose of Position:
The Vice President for Finance and Administration (VPFA) reports to, and is a key advisor to the President. As a member of the senior management team, the VPFA participates with other senior managers in strategic planning, policy formulation, and problem solving and offers advice and counsel on the financial implications of institutional decisions. The VPFA is the chief financial officer of the College and is responsible for managing the College’s operating and capital budget and capital projects, coordinating the budget and resource allocation process, accounting and financial management, cash management, formulating financial policies, and implementing procedures and internal controls that ensure the financial integrity of the College. The VPFA exercises administrative supervision over the following functional areas: finance, plant facilities (maintenance, grounds, plant, housekeeping), human resources/payroll, public safety, information technology, auxiliary services, the association, and other areas.
The Vice President for Finance and Administration is a member of the President’s Executive Cabinet and as such:
- Directs the overall financial plans, multi-year forecasts and accounting practices of the College in direct support of the College mission, goals and strategic plan.
- Assesses institutional performance against both the annual budget and the College’s strategic plan, implementing a portfolio of revenue opportunities.
- Oversees all accounts, ledgers and financial reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, regulatory requirements and internal control processes.
- Oversees annual institutional budget process ensuring that all financial resources are expended in support of the College’s mission, goals and strategic plan.
- Identifies current and anticipated fiscal challenges and opportunities and advises the President, Trustees, Sponsors, and College community on effective strategies to maintain fiscal strength.
- Oversees the College’s facilities and campus infrastructure including capital projects providing a safe and educational environment for the campus community.
- Provides oversight and direction to all administrative functions of the College including information technology, administrative services, arena management, extension sites, human resources/payroll, public safety, environmental health/safety, and facilities management.
- Works with administrative units, including SUNY’s office for community college capital, the County of Rockland, and others, to ensure all capital and maintenance projects are scheduled, completed, and reimbursed. Secures funding from the County sponsor and other revenue sources to complete capital improvements.
- Provides leadership in the recruitment, selection, evaluation, and development of diverse and qualified personal throughout the institution. Ensures the College attracts and retains qualified staff, mentors, trains, and administers staff performance reviews.
- Provides direction and supervision for all activities related to campus safety including security personnel, establishing and maintaining strategic relationships with law enforcement and emergency management officials, and evaluating and recommending effective security technologies.
- Acts as liaison with Ellucian to ensure the Information Technology Managed Services account is optimized to provide the implementation of suitable technology to streamline all internal operations in a secure and safe infrastructure.
- Ensures compliance with relevant College, Board of Trustees, SUNY, and State and Federal education policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the President of the College.
- Master’s degree required from a regionally accredited college or university in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field and substantial experience in business, financial or public administration, preferably within higher education.
- At least five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in planning, financial analysis/management and budgetary control; demonstrated accomplishments in maintaining administrative/financial controls while actively supporting entrepreneurial initiatives is desirable; knowledge of accounting and financial management for public institutions is preferred.
- Ability to interpret and apply state and federal laws and regulations governing financial procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse and multi-cultural student body and staff.
- Candidates must demonstrate an understanding of the philosophy and mission of a community college.
In addition to the required qualifications, the following qualifications are preferred:
- A license to practice as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and experience administering the full range of finance, information technology, human resources, facilities, and general administration functions in a higher education setting.
- Effective leader and team builder, creative thinker who embraces change and is skillful at encouraging collaboration among colleagues and peers.
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and planning skills.
- Senior management experience finance, capital planning and construction in education or government.
Starting Salary: $160,000
Submit Resumes https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=rockcc&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP
Include three (3) professional references (including names, phone numbers and e-mail addresses). References will not be contacted without prior permission of the candidate.
Employment at the College may be subject to the favorable result of a background investigation. Official transcripts will be required upon employment. Foreign transcripts which are not accompanied by an evaluation from an approved agency may not be reviewed. Applicants may contact NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluating Service) at www.naces.org to obtain a list of members providing this service. Any expenses incurred for this service must be borne by the applicant. Foreign transcript translations by applicant or educational institution are not acceptable.
Application Deadline: Search will remain open until candidate is selected however, to ensure consideration resumes should be received by August 4,2023.
Rockland Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our mission demonstrates a strong public commitment to a diverse and inclusive campus community.