Budget Specialist IIAgency
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
Enrollment ManagementProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process the “My Experience” page has a section provided “Attachments (Resume/CV, References, Cover letter, etc.)” to upload required documents.
- Use the Upload button to add each document.
- You will be able to upload up to 5 documents. Be aware that the maximum size allowed for any one document is 5MB.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered.
- Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
- Please do not withdraw your application in an attempt to upload a missing document, instead please email HR for help.
Please provide the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required upon acceptance of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective staff member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
If you need assistance, please contact us at HR.Hiring@tamuc.edu
The Budget Specialist II provides budgeting and personnel support for the Vice President for Enrollment Management. Participates in budget discussions, provides input, and provides recommendations for financial decisions/initiatives. Provides budget and financial support to Enrollment Management units, as well as administrative support to units that participate in the student service fee recommendation and allocation process.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the day-to-day budget operations for the Vice President for Enrollment Management office, which includes frequent reconciliation of all Vice President for Enrollment Management accounts.
- Provides budget oversight for all revenues and expenses related to Enrollment Management and coordinates year-end budget reports.
- Assist Divisional Directors in technical assistance to formulate annual budgets, and revenue generation for their respective areas as applicable.
- Develops reports for Vice President for Enrollment Management to analyze fiscal integrity and other financial matters that impact core business processes for the Division.
- Implements methods to effectively disseminate budget-related information and processes to Divisional stakeholders.
- Develops and presents budgetary workshops for Divisional staff.
- Oversees budget-related information in Workday.
- Assists management during merit review and award processes.
- Participates and serves as a representative from Enrollment Management at the Budget User’s Group (BUG)
- Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses and conferences, and attending training and/or courses as required by the Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Management.
- Contributes to the overall success of the Division of Enrollment Management and the University by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills Three (3) years related experience. Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing applications. Must be familiar with FAMIS or similar budget/purchasing software. Excellent writing and verbal skills.
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Ability to work with sensitive information and/or documents and must be able to maintain confidentially of information.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: NA
- Physical Requirements: None
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
Master’s degree. Five (5) years of progressive experience in accounting. Budget or accounting experience in higher education. Experience with organizational budget management. Working knowledge of database systems. Knowledge of Canopy and FAMIS.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.