JOB TITLE: Executive Director of Student Enrollment Services
FLSA STATUS: Salaried, exempt
DEPARTMENT: Student Enrollment Services
REPORTS TO: Vice President for Enrollment Management & Marketing
JOB STATUS: Full-time (37.50 hours/week)
LOCATION: On Site
PRIMARY PURPOSE/ POSITION SUMMARY:
The Executive Director for Student Enrollment Services serves as member of the Enrollment Management and Marketing (EM&M) leadership team, and is responsible for developing and leading Dominican University’s centralized student enrollment services unit. In concert with the Vice President and partner offices, the Exec. Director will consolidate key student services provided by the financial aid office, the student accounts office, and the registrar’s office. The Executive Director will manage, train, and develop the Student Enrollment Services staff. The Exec. Director will ensure streamlined and seamless student customer services related to new and returning student enrollment requirements. The Executive Director will closely collaborate with all members of the EM&M leadership team to ensure timely and effective handling of student financial, account, and registration needs. The Executive Director will lead all aspects of the university’s financial aid office, including leveraging and compliance, key functions of the student accounts office, and key functions of the registrar’s office.
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL DOMINICAN EMPLOYEES:
To support the University's mission of preparing students to pursue truth, to give compassionate service, and to participate in the creation of a more just and humane world.
JOB COMPONENTS/PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership, strategic direction, and operations management for the student enrollment services staff (financial aid office, student accounts office, and the registrar’s office) with an emphasis on quality service, compliance, and efficiency.
- Develop and implement centralized student services and outreach for financial aid, student accounts, and registration services.
- Leverage technology resources to streamline processes and ensure efficient student outreach and service.
- Develop, recommend, implement, and monitor process improvements that align with the University's strategic vision while seeking ways to engage the campus community to enhance student enrollment services.
- Ensure student access to available resources for both online and on campus students.
- Collect and analyze student services specific data in collaboration with other units.
- Evaluate service levels and determine appropriate methods for feedback and resolution to service issues.
- Develop, document, and oversee policies and procedures for awarding federal, state, and institutional funds.
- Build, shape, and monitor the institutional financial aid budget.
- Provide leadership on student service issues within the enrollment management staff and for the university as a whole.
- Build cultural competence for staff members within Student Enrollment Services.
- Assure the university is in compliance with federal and state regulations related to financial aid, student accounts, and registration.
- Manage the financial aid awarding process for new students.
- Monitoring SAP and R2T4
- In collaboration with University Advancement, award and administer endowed and donor-restricted scholarship funds.
- Provide routine reports of financial aid activities and expenditures. In collaboration with the Director of Institutional Research, provide financial aid data for various external agencies.
- Manage required reporting for ISAC, NCAA, FISAP, Gainful Employment, and other annual reports.
- Work collaboratively with admission staff to provide timely and accurate information about costs and aid to prospective students. Participate in recruiting events.
- Collaborate with leaders of other student serving units to facilitate student course registration.
- Work with academic leadership to shape new programs so that students are eligible for federal financial aid.
- Perform other duties as requested, delegated, or assigned.
All qualifications are required unless otherwise indicated.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Master’s degree required.
- 5-10 years of higher education experience leading student services: financial aid, student accounts, office of the registrar, or other related area.
- Reporting and data analysis skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong technology skills (PowerFAIDS experience a plus)
- Experience managing and motivating a team of subject-matter experts in the coordination of complex student services and customer service.
- Ability to build relationships internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to work with a culturally and economically diverse student body with many first generation students.
A background screening is required.
Dominican University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to the goal of building an equity-centered faculty and staff committed to teaching, working, and learning in a multicultural environment. Dominican University believes that justice, equity, and inclusion are critical to our growth and development and seek to recruit, develop, and retain from a diverse pool of applicants who bring varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.
If you need accommodations due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.