Strategic Sourcing SpecialistRequisition Number:
Success starts at Community College of Philadelphia. Innovators and difference makers work at Community College of Philadelphia. Diversity thrives at Community College of Philadelphia. We are a college that is committed to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff. We challenge each other and ourselves to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College and the betterment of Philadelphia. We value and support an intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us and become a part of a community that has long been and will continue to be generators of generational chance in this city and beyond.Specific Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Purchasing & Services, the Strategic Sourcing Specialistis a member of the Purchasing Department team and is responsible for executing the College’s sourcing strategy in the acquisition of goods and services. In accordance with Federal, State and College policies and procedures, procures a wide variety of commodities and services, develops and reviews specifications, prepares and executes informal and formal bid solicitations, conducts bid openings, maintains good supplier relations, resolves discrepancies and prepares reports.
- Examine and analyze departmental requisitions for completeness and accuracy of information; contacts department or initiator to clarify or complete information.
- Determine method to process requisition based upon dollar amount, existing contracts, and/or competitive bidding, including electronic bidding.
- Identify and select vendor to procure requisitioned commodities or services in accordance with College and departmental policies and procedures.
- Enter Purchase Order information into ERP software system.
- Directly administer the procurement of contracts to include handling pre-bids, finalizing contracts, issuing purchase orders and initiating deposits and/or signing fees.
- Communicate purchasing procedures to departments and assist departments in initiating requests for goods and services.
- Prepare Requests for Bids and Proposals by assisting requestor with writing bid specifications; establish bid timeline; extend bid invitations to qualified vendors.
- Receive and analyze bid responses, clarify language/technical issues; award bid to lowest responsible vendor.
- Seeks new sources for commodities and services. Prepares and facilitates Professional Services, Information Technology software purchasing/hardware. Facilities and MRO, supplies and other general procurements.
- Maintain proper business relationships with existing vendors.
- Actively seek new sources of diverse vendors in compliance with College strategic goals.
- Update appropriate vendor records and files.
- Keep abreast of current conditions and trends in the field of procurement.
- Resolve procurement issues between end user department and vendor.
- Attend and participate in purchasing-related events at area agencies and associations.
- Deliver quality customer services to both internal and external constituents in a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning, preferably with a focus in Supply Chain Management/Logistics, Finance, Business Administration.
- Three (3) years procurement experience required.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and collaborate with others required.
- Detail-oriented with good communications skills, both verbal and written, required.
- Ability to develop and integrate requirements to form the basis of a written proposal required.
- Ability to meet deadlines, bring projects to completion, and prioritize work required.
- Ability to analyze problems, troubleshoot issues and recommend appropriate solutions required.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment and decision-making required.
- Good customer service skills and the ability to anticipate the needs of the organization required.
- Good interpersonal skills to effectively interact with people of diverse backgrounds required.
- Ability to interact in a team-oriented environment across multiple levels of an organization.
- Strong documentation, negotiation, and analytical skills required.
- Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
- One (1) year public bid experience preferred.
- Contract management/negotiations experience preferred.
- Ability to work within an enterprise-wide information system required; Banner experience preferred.
- Computer proficiency utilizing MS Word and Excel required; Access and PowerPoint preferred.
- Experience working in a collective bargaining environment with collective bargaining agreements preferred.
“Success Starts Here” is our message to the Philadelphia community – and at Community College of Philadelphia, we recognize that our success as a college and the success of our students starts with our employees. Our employees are vital to our success. Our total compensation package includes a comprehensive offer of benefits that are unrivaled by most.
Our benefits include:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employees and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months (off on Fridays)
- Most employees work from home one day each week
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions. To help address broad economic, cultural and political concerns in the city and beyond, the College draws together students from a wide range of ages and backgrounds and seeks to provide the programs and support they need to achieve their goals.
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Interested persons should complete an online application.
- Cover letter of interest and CV/resume REQUIRED.
- Name and contact information for three (3) references REQUIRED.
Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer.
This position is eligible for partial remote work.Salary Grade or Rank:
$47,389.00-$78,192.00Job Posting Open Date:
06/05/2023Type of Position:
AdministratorEmployment Status :