Dakota Student Writer
Grand Forks, North Dakota, United States
Federal Work Study Student Institutional StudentAdd to favoritesFavorited View favoritesSalary/Position Classification
Purpose of Position
- $12.50 Hourly, Non-Exempt
- 5-10 hours per week
- 100% Remote Work Availability: Yes
- Hybrid Work Availability: Yes
This is a part-time, non-benefited position. Only UND students are eligible to be hired in this position.Duties & Responsibilities
- Interview people by phone or in person.
- Record notes in shorthand or on tape and write stories up on the computer.
- Developing new sources, gathering news, writing accurate and interesting news stories.
- Attend press launches, courts, council meetings and other events as assigned by Editors.
- Work under strict deadlines, keeping stories balanced, fair, and lawful.
- Be available odd times throughout your day (to cover various stories).
- Have solid knowledge of AP style, grammar, and spelling.
- Gain and maintain excellent relationships and communication by returning calls, and communicating with key people.
- Good at relating to all kinds of people.
- Interested in current affairs.
- Good at absorbing information quickly.
- Be available for the possibility of weekly meetings.
- Work well under pressure.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. This position does not support visa sponsorship for continued employment.To Apply
For full consideration, applications must be received by the closing date and include the following materials:
Please include in the application if you are currently or have in the past 12 months been employed with the University of North Dakota, the North Dakota University System or any other North Dakota State agency. If so, include which agency/department, as well as how many hours you work a week.