CEM Student Ambassador
Grand Forks, North Dakota, United States
Federal Work Study Student Institutional StudentAdd to favoritesFavorited View favoritesSalary/Position Classification
Purpose of Position
- $14.00-$16.00 Hourly, Non-Exempt (Eligible for overtime)
- 5-10 hours per week
- 100% Remote Work Availability: No
- Hybrid Work Availability: No
This is a part-time, non-benefitted position. Only UND Engineering and sophomore level and above students are eligible to be hired into this position.
These positions are open to all disciplines within the College of Engineering & Mines, including undergraduate or graduate, distance, on-campus, or transfer students who have a passion for engineering and science
The role of the College of Engineering & Mines (CEM) ambassador is to work directly with the Outreach/Recruiting office to support all departments/schools within recruiting and outreach efforts. These events are located remotely or on campus. This role is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable work experience and develop strong leadership skills, and professional skills. Training is provided for all ambassador roles.Duties & Responsibilities
- Descriptions of each roll an ambassador plays in engineering;
- CEM Ambassador—Tours
- In part, the role of the Tour Ambassador is to provide tours to prospective students. Tours are provided at 11:00 am and 2:30 pm daily set up from the admissions office at UND through our advising office. Ambassador would primarily work from the Jodsaas Center in Harrington Hall. Your schedule would need to be open at one if not both times on most days Monday-Friday. When not providing tours, the Tour Ambassador will be responsible for filling out postcards to prospective students at the front desk and participating in other outreach opportunities.
- CEM Ambassador—Social Media
- In part, the role of the Social Media Ambassador is to contribute to all social media outlets used in Outreach. This includes primarily Facebook & Instagram. The Ambassador is responsible for daily posts, staying up to date on CEM news, posting photos from outreach events, etc. Ambassador would primarily work from the Engineering Design Project Lab in the Jodsaas Center of Harrington Hall. Schedule would be working about one hour a day, which could be any day of the week or every day of the week. This role would be ideal for a student who wants a few more work hours each week but does not have a lot of time available.
- CEM Ambassador—Outreach
- In part, the role of the Outreach Ambassador is to participate, create, and sometimes lead Outreach activities. Outreach activities are scheduled at local schools and passed to the ambassador who will develop age-appropriate activities centering around science and engineering. It would be beneficial for this ambassador to have a driver’s license and possibly a vehicle for transportation; however, vehicles can also be reserved for this purpose. This role would also be developing activities that involve creating presentations and lesson plans, printing materials, creating supply lists, corresponding with other participating ambassadors, etc. We have a list of activities however we are always looking to create activities that align with what lessons a teacher is teaching already.
- Ability to develop outreach initiatives
- Ability to represent CEM in the community and on campus
- Ability to create activities for high school-level prospective students
- Ability to develop visuals for prospective student tours (such as prototypes), stage items/projects for these tours
- Only UND Engineering and sophomore level and above students are eligible
- Successful completion of a Standard Criminal History Background Check
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. This position does not support visa sponsorship for continued employment.To Apply
For full consideration, applications must be received by the closing date and include the following materials:
• Class Schedule
Please include in the application if you are currently or have in the past 12 months been employed with the University of North Dakota, the North Dakota University System or any other North Dakota State agency. If so, include which agency/department, as well as how many hours you work a week.