Instructor/Assistant Athletic Trainer
Grand Forks, North Dakota, United StatesAdd to favoritesFavorited View favoritesSalary/Position Classification
Purpose of Position
- $45,000+ annually based on education & experience
- 40 hours per week
- 100% Remote Work Availability:No
- Hybrid Work Availability:No
The Department of Sports Medicine at the University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences is recruiting for a highly motivated person interested in sharing their knowledge as an athletic trainer to inspire and teach students within the Athletic Training Education Program. The program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE) through 2027-2028. Duties & Responsibilities
The athletic trainer works under the supervision of the Sports Medicine Department Chair and supervises the care of athletes competing in UND’s Department of Athletics program which has 17 NCAA Division I teams and 350 student-athletes.
To find out more about the Department of Sports Medicine, please go to http://med.und.edu/sports-medicine/
- Effectively develop and teach course(s)
- Advise and mentor students
- Communicate efficiently with students, staff and faculty in Sports Medicine.
- Schedule, coordinate and present information for assigned class(es).
- Supervise the care of athletes competing in UND’s Department of Athletics programs.
- Provide athletic training services in accordance to the standards of a Certified Athletic Trainer and the North Dakota State Licensure Law.
- Cover athletic teams and/or events for the Department of Sports Medicine.
- Instruct and supervise students during clinic experience.
- Assist the Department Chair with additional duties as assigned.
- Scholarly activity as defined by the UND Health Sciences Committee on Promotion and Tenure document.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Certified Athletic Trainer
- North Dakota State Licensure Eligible
- Successful completion of criminal history records check
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.Preferred QualificationsTo Apply
Please submit the following application materials:
• Cover Letter
• Current Resume
• Three (3) official letters of recommendation
Please note, official transcripts will be required prior to an on-site visit.
Review of applications are in progress, position is open until filled.