Adjunct Faculty – American Government / Political ScienceJOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
ALL CLASSES ARE IN PERSON
SUMMARY OF POSITION ROLE/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Florida’s newest state university is looking for exceptional candidates to serve as Adjunct Professor for face-to-face, part-time instruction in the following courses:
• Undergraduate - United States Government – POS 2041. An introduction to
United States government and politics, including their constitutions,
political institutions and processes, and political actors. Examination of
political behavior, political issues, and public policy.
• This course meets specific criteria in compliance with Florida SUS
regulations on Civic Literacy. It fulfills a state social science general
education requirement and is one part of fulfilling students’ state civic
literacy requirement. Therefore, while instructor flexibility is encouraged,
specific content and outcomes must be delivered.JOB DESCRIPTION
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge and skills relevant to face-to-face course development and delivery.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Undergraduate Teaching: At least a master’s degree with 18 credit hours in teaching discipline from an accredited institution.
- Graduate Teaching: Ph.D., DBA from an accredited institution.
EXPECTED STARTING SALARY: The salary will be commensurate with field of teaching and years of teaching experience:
- 1-5 years: $4000 per 3-credit course
- 6-10 years: $4500 per 3-credit course
- 10+ years: $5000 per 3-credit course
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE:
- Positions are open until filled (or recruitment cancelled). Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
- Employment is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. An appointment is not final until proof is provided.
APPLICATION PROCESS: All Applicants are required to submit the following in PDF format during the application process. (Please combine documents into one file if possible)
- Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (Combine)
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- List of at least 3 professional references (names and contact information)
- Unofficial copy of the Ph.D./M.Sc. transcript
Florida Polytechnic University is an equal opportunity/equal access institution. It is the policy of the Board of Trustees to provide equal opportunity for employment and educational opportunities to all (including applicants for employment, employees, applicants for admission, students, and others affiliated with the University) without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or genetic information. Employment is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. An appointment is not final until proof is provided.FLORIDA POLY BENEFITS INFORMATION
Florida Poly qualified employees have the opportunity to take advantage of a variety of health benefits
(through the State of Florida) to help meet their specific needs, as well as the needs of their family. This comprehensive coverage includes flexible spending accounts, medical and life insurance, and worker's compensation.Health benefits are administered through People First
, on behalf of the State of Florida, as pre-tax insurance plans. People First handles all new hire enrollments, coverage changes, premium administration, and dependent eligibility. Their Service Center is staffed Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m.–6 p.m. EST, at 1-866-663-4735.RETIREMENT
Florida Poly offers great options for retirement. From the required selection of a state plan to additional voluntary retirement plans, our employees have many opportunities to save and prepare for their future. Click here
for more information. FLORIDA POLY BENEFITSEXPLORE LAKELAND FLORIDA
Conveniently located along I-4 between Tampa and Orlando, Lakeland is home to Florida Polytechnic University and many other businesses and attractions. Click here
to explore Lakeland, Florida. SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS REGARDING ATTACHMENTS:
Required attachments are listed on each posting. Please be sure to attach all required documents in the Resume/CV field before continuing through the application.
Once your application has been submitted, no changes may be made and additional attachments will not be considered. An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process. For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire. Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline. All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of the job announcements. This position requires a background check, which may include a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute §435.04.