Clinical Research Coordinator A (Marketing and Recruitment)(Department of Dermatology)
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Large Employers in 2023.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job Title
Clinical Research Coordinator A (Marketing and Recruitment)(Department of Dermatology)Job Profile Title
Clinical Research Coordinator AJob Description Summary
The primary responsibility of the CRC A (Marketing and Recruitment Coordinator) position is to engage in marketing strategies that will attract diverse patient populations to participate in Phase IV clinical trials and observational studies. The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong background in marketing and be well versed in various marketing strategies, including social media strategies. They should also be familiar with engaging with diverse patient populations and have the ability to develop targeted marketing campaigns that resonate with these communities. Strong communication skills are essential for this role. The candidate should be able to effectively communicate the purpose, benefits, and significance of the study to potential participants. The candidate should be self-directed and capable of directing his or her own work with minimal to moderate supervision.Job DescriptionResponsibilities/Duties
- Create unique, engaging content for print and digital media campaigns for research studies; implement and manage campaigns and analyze and measure results across all applicable platforms
- Identify opportunities, define goals for social content, and drive interest to attract diverse research participants by developing targeted media campaigns
- Monitor trends and emerging platforms in social media and advertising to inform appropriate strategies and ad placements to maximize study engagement
- Work with the University media teams to develop advertisements that follow IRB and institutional guidelines.
- Identify and implement strategies to ensure successful patient recruitment and enrollment goals are met within specified timelines including but not limited to development of study brochures, outreach to clinics and private providers, print and radio advertisements and internet advertisement.
- Initiate and maintain communications with health care providers and staff at local health care clinics and private practices in an effort to obtain patient referrals
- Triage interest inquiries (via telephone, email, or in-person encounters) and prescreen potential participants
- Review patient records, screen, and speak with patients interested in research participation
- Schedule patient visits and complete informed consent and screening procedures for various research studies
- Track recruitment and enrollment progress at Penn and external study sites and prepare weekly updates for the research team
- Coordinate communication with research staff at external study sites
- Manage and track outreach efforts and recruitment inquiries from patient populations
- Review and maintain familiarity with research study protocols and patient eligibility requirements to guide recruitment and enrollment efforts
- Manage the Lab research website, Wikipedia page, and assist in preparing postings on LinkedIN
4. Other responsibilities:
- Support and interact with PIs, co-investigator, research managers, and other CRCs and staff
- Attends study related meetings
- Maintain all relevant trainings and certifications (CITI, GCP, PENN CRC certificate and assigned Penn Profiler trainings)
- Adhere to all University of Pennsylvania, GCP, and FDA guidelines
- Position involves work-related responsibilities that may occur outside of usual 8:30am-5:00pm workday
- Adhere to all University of Pennsylvania, human research protection and FDA guidelines, as applicable
- Participate in research team meetings, study team meetings and ongoing protocol training/compliance meetings
- Special Project Support: As needed, provide support on a variety of projects, reports and presentations.
- Bachelor of Science preferably in marketing, communications, art, or related field and 1 to 2 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Cover letter required
up to $48,835/annual
This position is contingent upon funding.Job Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Perelman School of MedicinePay Range
$37,220.00 - $48,835.00 Annual Rate
Salary offers are made based on the candidate's qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, as well as internal and market factors and grade profile. Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Perelman-Center-for-Adv-Medicine/Clinical-Research-Coordinator-A--Marketing-and-Recruitment--Department-of-Dermatology-_JR00075623
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency