Present Position Number:
PT Instruct/LecturerPosition Title:
Adjunct Faculty (Section Leaders) – Online MBA – StrategyUnit Mission Statement:
The mission of the Raymond A. Mason School of Business at William & Mary is to serve the Commonwealth, the nation, and the global community both by offering high-quality educational programs at the undergraduate, graduate, and professional levels and by creating and communicating new knowledge.Position Summary:
The Center for Learning at the Raymond A. Mason School of Business at William & Mary is recruiting a pool of adjunct faculty (Section Leaders) to lead one or more 7.5-week course sections of the Strategy course within the Online MBA program.
Accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the Online MBA program at William & Mary delivers an exemplary business education unlike any other by focusing on an innovative theme: “Renaissance Thinker, Revolutionary Leader.” Courses address enduring and relevant business themes, including breadth of knowledge, communications, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving. Please visit the following website to learn more about the Online MBA program at William & Mary and the Strategy course: https://online.mason.wm.edu/mba
Section Leaders serve a vital role within the Online MBA program and are valued members of the Raymond A. Mason School of Business and the William & Mary community. Under the supervision of the Master Teacher, Section Leaders facilitate course activities, monitor discussion boards, provide students with timely feedback, and grade assignments and exams. Section Leaders are provided with professional learning opportunities and are invited to attend on-campus events.
Position duties include:
- Maintain frequent and open communication with William & Mary faculty and staff through email, mail, telephone, and any other medium deemed appropriate.
- Complete online instructor orientation and technology training before teaching online for the Mason School and complete continuing training each year after.
- Complete all training and paperwork required by William & Mary and/or the Mason School.
- Review and follow university, school, and program policies.
- Review course syllabus, content, activities, and assignments prior to the term start date.
- Coordinate course activities with the Master Teacher.
- Adhere to the course design, instructional and grading guidelines, and due dates.
- Post a Welcome announcement the first day the course opens to students that includes a brief introduction, your contact information, office hours details, and course expectations.
- Post a minimum of two weekly announcements communicating upcoming deadlines and other relevant information.
- Respond to student inquiries within 24 hours.
- Provide students with timely, personalized, and substantive feedback on graded assignment submissions.
- Grade assignments and exams in a timely manner based on the instructions/rubrics provided by the Master Teacher (48 – 72 hours).
- Introduce yourself and respond to each student’s first-level (primary) post in the M0: Introduce Yourself discussion forum during the first week of the course.
- Monitor and participate in weekly discussion boards.
- Offer weekly virtual office hours for individual or group consultation and communicate this information through announcements and the course calendar.
- Monitor student progress and notify the Master Teacher and Student Success Coordinator(s) when a student is unresponsive or at risk of failing.
- Contact the Master Teacher with Honor Code policy questions, concerns, and/or suspected violations.
- Meet weekly with the Master Teacher during regularly scheduled calls throughout the course.
- Submit final grades to the Master Teacher according to William & Mary and Mason School grading policies and the Online Programs calendar.
- Submit Section Leader end-of-semester feedback and reflection form.
Section Leaders typically spend 15 to 20 hours per week on the duties listed above.
Selected candidates must demonstrate proficiency using the learning management system and knowledge of applicable policies and procedures by completing all required training and orientation activities prior to the term start date.Required Qualifications:
Please make sure your cover letter and CV clearly indicate how you meet the following required qualifications:
- MBA or Master’s degree in strategic management or a closely related field.
- Significant expertise and relevant professional and/or instructional experience in business strategy.
- Experience providing instruction to adult learners in an academic or corporate setting.
- Demonstrated excellence communicating and collaborating in digital environments.
- Demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive and supportive learning environment for a diverse student population.
- Demonstrated commitment to upholding William & Mary’s historic reputation for academic excellence and innovation.
Please make sure your cover letter and CV clearly indicate whether you meet any of the preferred qualifications:
Conditions of Employment:
- Doctoral degree directly related to the discipline.
- Demonstrated excellence teaching adult learners in a professional degree program.
- Experience providing online instruction.
- Enthusiasm for delivering education in an online mode.
- Proficiency using video conferencing technologies and web-based collaboration platforms.
- Experience using Canvas or a similar learning management system.
3LZ100 OLP - MBALocation:
William & MaryJob Open Date:
07/20/2023Review Begin Date:
08/03/2023Open Until Filled:
AdjunctBackground Check Statement:
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.EEO Statement:
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Benefits Summary Statement:
William & Mary offers our employees a full array of benefits including retirement, health insurance with options for expanded dental and vision along with group and optional life insurance with coverage for spouse and children, flexible spending accounts, and an EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
Our employees enjoy additional university benefits such as educational assistance, professional development, wellness benefits, and a robust holiday schedule. All employees have access to fitness facilities on campus. Staff members also have access to the university libraries, and much more. To learn more, go to: https://www.wm.edu/offices/hr/currentemployees/benefits/index.php