2800 E. Spring Creek Parkway, Plano, Texas, 75074
We are searching for candidates that meet the required qualifications and experience and are able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Direct the preparation, seasoning, and cooking of salads, soups, fish, meats, vegetables, desserts, or other foods for the café and catering departments. Plan and price menu items, orders supplies, and keep records and accounts. Supervises and participate in cooking and baking and the preparation of foods. Write weekly schedules according to business and projected goals for labor dollars or percentages. Use labor dollars and menu costing programs to price labor and food cost percentages. Must participate in checking of all purchased supplies for quality and account for each delivered item. This position will report to the Assistant Director of Food Services and oversee all aspects of campus event operations. Responsible for the successful execution of all events.
Work Schedule varies Monday through Sunday, 6 am to 8 pm. Must be able to adapt to work schedule and seasonal demands.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct and coordinate food and beverage preparation for food service and catering operations district-wide.
- Plan menus, cook in quantity.
- Monitor worker performance.
- Cook meals and investigate customer complaints.
- Requisition stock, materials, supplies or equipment and price items on menu, determine food or beverage costs.
- Maintain production or work records.
- Modify work procedures or processes to meet deadlines.
- Schedule and monitor employee work hours, direct and coordinate activities of workers or staff and conduct training for personnel.
- Estimate materials or labor requirements.
- Inspect facilities or equipment for regulatory compliance.
- Oversee work progress to verify safety or conformance to standards.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of production and menu development
- In depth knowledge of catering and café food preparation
- Working knowledge with all Microsoft programs
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Must have attention to detail
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent written English skills
- Ability to supervise events from creation to completion
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability as a working chef
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
Physical Demands, Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, plus climbing and balancing. Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, odors, dusts, poor ventilation, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting and intense noises. In addition, incumbents may be subjected to gases and workspace restrictions. Occasional exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions and/or hazards. Occasional outside work. Occasional physical effort required.
Culinary Arts degree from a regionally accredited institution.
Four (4) years of related experience and/or training OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience as a catering chef manager.
Four (4) years or more of managing and executing events. Social media knowledge.
Licenses and Certifications
Required to obtain a Certified Food Manager or ServSafe certification within 30 days of hire.
Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s license and pass a motor vehicle/driving records background check.
**Individuals hired for this position may be required to drive a company vehicle. A Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) will be run in conjunction with the background check during the contingent offer stage and annually/bi-annually for the duration of employment at Collin College. Candidates who fail the original background/MVR report or subsequent MVR reports may not be hired and/or terminated based on the results of the report.**
An additional four (4) years of related experience and /or training may be substituted for the education requirement.
**This position is Security Sensitive, therefore, candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.**
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job as duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. Collin College reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made by Collin College in its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required & Preferred Qualifications (if applicable):The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Collin College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable law.