Web Developer Senior in SAS Computing
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Large Employers in 2023.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job Title
Web Developer Senior in SAS ComputingJob Profile Title
Web Designer SeniorJob Description Summary
The Web Developer will join a team that conceptualizes, designs, and builds websites at Penn's School of Arts & Sciences, and will possess the skills and expertise to help conceive and drive the development of the next iteration of website services at the School of Arts & Sciences. The best candidates will have demonstrated skills in local development and deployment to cloud-based systems, and an advanced understanding of industry trends and content management systems.Job Description
Penn Arts and Sciences forms the foundation of the scholarly excellence that has established Penn as one of the world's leading research universities. We teach students across all 12 Penn schools, and our academic departments span the reach from anthropology and biology to sociology and South Asian studies. Members of the Penn Arts & Sciences faculty are leaders in creating new knowledge in their disciplines and are engaged in nearly every area of interdisciplinary innovation. The School's three educational divisions fulfill different missions, united by a broader commitment to providing our students with an unrivaled education in the liberal arts. The College of Arts and Sciences is the academic home of the majority of Penn undergraduates and provides 60 percent of the courses taken by students in Penn's undergraduate professional schools. The Graduate Division offers doctoral training to over 1,300 candidates in more than 30 graduate programs. And the College of Liberal and Professional Studies provides a range of educational opportunities for lifelong learners and working professionals.
The Web Developer will have experience with content management system front-end development, site building and theming, and the deployment and maintenance of git-managed code. This position requires a combination of web programming skills, the ability to implement and adapt design documents, and experience developing and maintaining common code repositories. Working under a senior web developer/project manager, the Web Developer will participate in every phase of the website development process, from initial discovery sessions with stakeholders to design review, site building, and platform maintenance. Job Responsibilities/Duties:
- Develop, deploy, and maintain cloud platform code repositories
- Translate approved design documents into effective and responsive CMS themes for a portfolio of websites in Drupal and WordPress
- Participate in the discovery process and help maintain open communication with customers throughout design, build, launch, and beyond
- Develop and refine QA processes that can be implemented as appropriate both before and after launch
- Provide training and technical support to stakeholders
- As part of the Web Team, enhance and maintain websites already in production and respond to feature requests and bug reports
- Eagerly pursue new skills as platforms and capabilities evolve
- Contribute to the web development community at Penn by participating in University-wide evaluation teams and discussion groups, as appropriate
- Participate in project teams to develop new web services and functionality
- Bachelors degree and 2 years of graphic/web design experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Experience developing responsive themes and templates for content management systems
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to convert comprehensive design documents into working HTML templates
- Ability to communicate with clients and be able to understand their ideas and realize them in the form of functional, user-centric websites
- Conversant in current web standards and best practices regarding responsive design and accessibility
- Exhibits self-directed project management skills with the ability to meet deadlines and maintain multiple timelines
Job Location - City, State
- Experience with the Pantheon Platform, Terminus tool, and Upstream maintenance
- Familiarity with web frameworks such as Bootstrap
- Familiarity with local development tools and procedures
- Experience in a higher education context
- Experience working with Git, Composer, Drush, and other command-line tools
Hybrid Eligible - This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule with a work week divided between working onsite and working remotely.Department / School
School of Arts and SciencesPay Range
$51,824.00 - $80,000.00 Annual Rate
Salary offers are made based on the candidate's qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, as well as internal and market factors and grade profile. Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/3600-Market-SAS-Dean/Web-Developer-Senior-in-SAS-Computing--Hybrid-Eligible-_JR00071012
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency