Present Position Number:
00544WRole Code Title:
Trades Technician IIPosition Title:
Athletics Field/Facilities TechUnit Mission Statement:
The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics at William & Mary is dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in all its endeavors. We are committed to an outstanding intercollegiate athletics program by:
- Forging an environment that demands success with integrity;
- Winning championships;
- Empowering leaders;
- Building a championship culture;
- Elevating the prestige of the University; and
- Instilling pride and respect.
- Remaining true to our Core Values of Accountability, Belonging, Creativity, Integrity, and Service.
The Athletic Field/Facilities Tech works within a Facility Operations team maintaining and preparing athletic fields and facilities for athletics and non-athletics activities and events.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform natural and artificial turf care and maintenance.
- Perform event setups and breakdowns.
- Operate and maintain small equipment necessary for the care and maintenance of athletics fields.
- Perform custodial services of department facilities, including servicing locker rooms, bathrooms, showers, playing areas, bleachers, and vacuuming.
- Ensure department facilities are maintained to a safe, acceptable level through inspection, light repairs, and preventative maintenance.
Designated service areas include Kaplan Arena, Zable Stadium, Busch Field, Dillard Field, Mackesy Tennis Center at the Millie West Courts, Martin Family Stadium at Albert-Daly Field, Jimmye Laycock Football Center, Joseph Montgomery Practice Complex, and Plumeri Park.Required Qualifications:
- A valid driver’s license.
- Demonstrated strong verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Advertised Pay Range:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Experienced in forklift operation.
- Light maintenance and carpentry skills.
- Knowledge of the care and maintenance of commercial and residential grounds.
- Knowledge in the care and operation of small equipment used in grounds care and maintenance (commercial lawnmowers, leaf blowers, weed trimmers, pressure washers).
$32,240University Salary Range:
820000 Kaplan ArenaLocation:
William & MaryIs the position remote work eligible?:
Not eligibleRemote Work Disclaimer:
Remote work eligibility is not guaranteed and is subject to approval. Employee eligibility depends on the likelihood of the employee succeeding in a remote work arrangement and the supervisor’s ability to manage remote workers. Departments and/or Human Resources may amend, alter, change, delete, or modify eligibility.Job Open Date:
07/13/2023Review Begin Date:
07/19/2023Open Until Filled:
Full Time OperationalFLSA:
12 Month - RestrictedConditions of Employment:
- Must be able to meet physical requirements for the job: stand for prolonged periods of time; lift up to 50lbs; constantly push, pull, and carry items; walk up and down stairs, inclines, and hills on a daily basis.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Learn how to operate and care for small equipment used in grounds care and maintenance during the probationary period (first 6 months on the job).
- This position will require overtime, weekend work, and extended hours. May be required to perform duties during periods of inclement weather conditions for extended periods of time.
- This position has been designated as essential and may require reporting to work when the university is officially closed.
- This is a non-exempt position, eligible to receive overtime in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act. This position will require overtime to include scheduled and unscheduled nights and weekends and possibly holidays.
- This is a restricted position subject to the availability of funding.
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Background Check Statement:
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.Benefits Summary Statement:
William & Mary offers our employees a full array of benefits including retirement, health insurance with options for expanded dental and vision along with group and optional life insurance with coverage for spouse and children, flexible spending accounts, and an EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
Our employees enjoy additional university benefits such as educational assistance, professional development, wellness benefits, and a robust holiday schedule. All employees have access to fitness facilities on campus. Staff members also have access to the university libraries, and much more. To learn more, go to: https://www.wm.edu/offices/hr/currentemployees/benefits/index.php