Present Position Number:
01160WRole Code Title:
Admin & Office Specialist IIIPosition Title:
Fiscal and Administrative CoordinatorUnit Mission Statement:
The Global Research Institute (GRI) empowers teams of William & Mary students and faculty to make a difference in the world. We are a multidisciplinary hub that applies scholarly research to real world problems, investing in outstanding student and faculty scholars to catalyze new insights and cultivate the next generation of global leaders. GRI is a community of problem solvers, delivering applied research at the highest levels to transform ideas into impact. Based in the Office of the Provost, GRI supports a whole of university approach to advance W&M by developing ideas, convening partners, creating and analyzing data, and inventing new methods. The Institute’s approach to incubate and scale and applied research helps researchers push research frontiers and produce insights that matter at W&M and beyond. At any time, under the auspices of the Institute there are several research projects, most grant-funded, with the largest being AidData. For more about GRI, see here.Position Summary:
As an essential member of the fiscal and operations team, the Fiscal and Administrative Coordinator provides a wide range of direct support services to GRI and its project faculty and staff with an emphasis on excellent customer service. The ideal candidate for this role not only has demonstrated experience in fiscal/budgetary management but also embodies the values and entrepreneurial mindset of the GRI team.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Providing fiscal and budgetary support for GRI’s Post-Doctoral Fellows, Lab Directors, and Faculty Affiliates including: day to day point of contact interfacing with the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) staff and other campus stakeholders on budget requirements and submissions; develop and complete proposal budgets, maintain research budgets and spending plan.
- Coordinating with multiple units on campus including Human Resources, W&M Reves Center, Accounts Payable, Payroll, etc. to facilitate the hiring process for faculty, staff, and temporary employees.
- Providing general office administration and support including mailings, office supply orders & inventory, managing listservs, facility access, IT equipment management, etc.
High school graduate or equivalent relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of budget management, general accounting practices, and ability to work with numbers with a high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems quickly, efficiently, and independently
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a demanding, fast-paced, and complex work environment
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, apply discretion, and to adapt efficiently to changing situations and priorities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, to a diverse population of constituencies in private and public sectors
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Exposure to federal, state, and/or foundation rules and regulations related to grants and contracts
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience preparing financial reports
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a related discipline or an equivalent combination of training, education, and/or experience indicating possession of the preceding knowledge, skills, and abilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Advertised Pay Range:
- Working knowledge of fiscal and budgetary support for a department
- Experience in higher education, research environment, and/or non-profit fundraising
- Experience with systems such as: Banner, PeopleAdmin, Qlik, Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with CFR 200 (Uniformed Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards)
- Knowledge with web-based proposal, payment and awards management systems e.g., research.gov, grants.gov or other similar web-based applications is highly desirable
$43,000 - $47,000University Salary Range:
3KM100 Global Research InstituteLocation:
William & MaryIs the position remote work eligible?:
Hybrid (works remotely at least 1 day per week but not full-time)Remote Work Disclaimer:
Remote work eligibility is not guaranteed and is subject to approval. Employee eligibility depends on the likelihood of the employee succeeding in a remote work arrangement and the supervisor’s ability to manage remote workers. Departments and/or Human Resources may amend, alter, change, delete, or modify eligibility.Job Open Date:
07/13/2023Review Begin Date:
08/01/2023Open Until Filled:
Full Time OperationalFLSA:
12 Month - RestrictedConditions of Employment:
This is a restricted position subject to availability of funding.EEO Statement:
This is a non-exempt position, eligible to receive overtime in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act. This position may be subject to overtime during high peak times, etc. as directed and approved by the supervisor.
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Background Check Statement:
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.Benefits Summary Statement:
William & Mary offers our employees a full array of benefits including retirement, health insurance with options for expanded dental and vision along with group and optional life insurance with coverage for spouse and children, flexible spending accounts, and an EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
Our employees enjoy additional university benefits such as educational assistance, professional development, wellness benefits, and a robust holiday schedule. All employees have access to fitness facilities on campus. Staff members also have access to the university libraries, and much more. To learn more, go to: https://www.wm.edu/offices/hr/currentemployees/benefits/index.php