Assistant Director for Alumni EngagementAgency
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
Alumni Records & ServicesProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process the “My Experience” page has a section provided “Attachments (Resume/CV, References, Cover letter, etc.)” to upload required documents.
- Use the Upload button to add each document.
- You will be able to upload up to 5 documents. Be aware that the maximum size allowed for any one document is 5MB.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered.
- Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
- Please do not withdraw your application in an attempt to upload a missing document, instead please email HR for help.
Please provide the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required upon acceptance of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective staff member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
If you need assistance, please contact us at HR.Hiring@tamuc.edu
Reporting to the Director of Alumni Engagement, the Assistant Director is responsible for the planning and implementation of alumni engagement program, increasing community engagement and philanthropy at Texas A&M University Commerce (A&M-Commerce). Primary functions include implementing an annual calendar of events, volunteer management, expanding A&M-Commerce Alumni Association’s membership, and managing communications to grow awareness of alumni and student success.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Director of Alumni Engagement to plan, organize, market and deliver alumni events, including local, regional, signature, and affinity-group events.
- Regional events include but are not limited to the following areas such as Dallas County, Smith County, Collin County, Tarrant County, Harris County, and others throughout Texas and the surrounding region.
- Affinity events include but are not limited to Greek-affiliated socials, educational events in the various colleges, band, and similar student life organizations.
- Local alumni events include but are not limited to tailgates, watch parties, picnics, community service days, and similar campus-oriented events.
- Signature events include but are not limited to annual events, such as the alumni awards gala, alumni ambassadors’ day, athletic tournaments, and similar alumni and donor-centric events.
- Coordinate event logistics for in-person and virtual programs; communicate and negotiate with venues; manage budget vendor contracts; and coordinate event set-ups, virtual platforms, and staffing. Manage event marketing and communications, event registration, and guest inquiries. Staff evening and weekend events, as required.
- Recruit and coordinate event volunteers to support event logistics, helping drive awareness and attendance through peer outreach.
- Liaise and staff collaborative initiatives with A&M-Commerce’s Philanthropic team, athletics, and other departments including the Career Development, Admissions, colleges, student groups, and other campus partners to advance engagement with alumni, students, friends, and recruits.
- Collaborate with Director of Annual Giving and Philanthropy & Engagement colleagues to grow membership and advance annual giving initiatives.
- Ensure follow-up activities are completed, including event recaps, acknowledgments, database updates, acknowledgements, and resolving contracts with vendors.)
- Coordinate and maintain the university alumni events calendar, producing a bi-annual event calendar for all Alumni and friends of the university.
- With the Director, oversee the capture and tracking of alumni engagement metrics, the collection and analysis of alumni information and data, and evaluation and reporting on engagement outcomes, membership, and other programs.
- With the Director, maintain financial records, track expenses and purchasing related to events, merchandise, collateral, and other alumni-related expenditures.
- With the Director, train and co-supervise a membership and communications coordinator, graduate assistants (when applicable), and student interns.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Six years of related and progressive experience in alumni affairs, or an equivalent setting.. Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications. Deadline driven. Organized and able to manage multiple projects, including budgets. Strong planning skills. Foster collaboration with colleagues and volunteers. Ability to make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment. Oral, written communication, and presentation skills. Customer Service oriented and knowledgeable of business etiquette including correspondence.
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Ability to work individually or as a team. Ability to prioritize, organize, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines. Ability to work a flex schedule (work nights and weekends as needed). Ability to travel.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: Valid driver’s license.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
- Proficient with constituent and relationship management databases.
- Capital campaign experience
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.